Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Read through the first post but am still a bit confused. So i posit the question, how would the "ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB PCI-Express" graphics card fare as far as PCSX2 emulation is concerned?

Sponsored links

Really well.
Any mainstream graphics card that currently costs over $200 is bound to have above-average performance.
Hi

I have some question. Im playing with the newest 0.9.7 version, and in the release I cant set the resolution of the game (just the window size, and the D3D size that i leaved on default 1024*1024). So how should I know which resolution the games are using? Or in this release every games automaticly runs on the displays native resolution (like 1080p? ).

The second topic is, I have a strange speed issue with Gran Turismo 4 (PAL). I tested the game with different Scaling settings, and the graphics getting better on every level. The game runs very nicely with 1x and 2x scaling. But when I try to run with 3x or above, strange things happens. It seems that my computer running out ot RAM, és virtual ram all of sudden when a race starting to load. Everything is good until that point I choose to start a race. The screen goes black, and my whole pc frozes for minutes. The funny part is, when 5 minutes later the race begins, everything is fine, the graphics are great, and the speed is good too! So the only problem is the waiting/freezing issue between races. Somebody saw something like that before? Do u know a solution for this? It would be nice to play with 3x scaling, look so nice.

My pc is Core 2 duo E8400 3.7 GHz, Hd4870 1GB, 2 GB RAM.

Thanks.
(01-06-2011, 05:15 PM)neoex48 Wrote: Hi

I have some question. Im playing with the newest 0.9.7 version, and in the release I cant set the resolution of the game (just the window size, and the D3D size that i leaved on default 1024*1024). So how should I know which resolution the games are using? Or in this release every games automaticly runs on the displays native resolution (like 1080p? ).

The second topic is, I have a strange speed issue with Gran Turismo 4 (PAL). I tested the game with different Scaling settings, and the graphics getting better on every level. The game runs very nicely with 1x and 2x scaling. But when I try to run with 3x or above, strange things happens. It seems that my computer running out ot RAM, és virtual ram all of sudden when a race starting to load. Everything is good until that point I choose to start a race. The screen goes black, and my whole pc frozes for minutes. The funny part is, when 5 minutes later the race begins, everything is fine, the graphics are great, and the speed is good too! So the only problem is the waiting/freezing issue between races. Somebody saw something like that before? Do u know a solution for this? It would be nice to play with 3x scaling, look so nice.

My pc is Core 2 duo E8400 3.7 GHz, Hd4870 1GB, 2 GB RAM.

Thanks.

well the compatibility list says "playable" maybe you miss a few game content but you can reach the end of the game without problems, and maybe freezing and balck screening for "5 minutes" is some sort of non resolved emulator bug, shouldn't really be a problem.
(01-06-2011, 05:15 PM)neoex48 Wrote: The game runs very nicely with 1x and 2x scaling. But when I try to run with 3x or above, strange things happens. It seems that my computer running out ot RAM, és virtual ram all of sudden when a race starting to load. Everything is good until that point I choose to start a race. The screen goes black, and my whole pc frozes for minutes. The funny part is, when 5 minutes later the race begins, everything is fine, the graphics are great, and the speed is good too! So the only problem is the waiting/freezing issue between races. Somebody saw something like that before? Do u know a solution for this? It would be nice to play with 3x scaling, look so nice.

Means your graphics card is not strong enough to play this game at 3x, just use 2x or try to find a custom resolution that will work.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
just want to add.
for those like me,low end spec,while running pcsx2,please stop any unnecessary program. ctrl-alt-del.it do helps. especially if windows7,the dwm.exe. plus, explorer.exe.if you can,just let only pcsx2 run. in my system, got more stability between frames. maybe because the ram is free,not being hold anymore.just imagine,the ram is free to run anywhere..thatd great,such happiness.
-Intel Pentium E6500 @ 2.93GHz
-2.0GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz
-ATI Radeon HD 5570
-Windows 7 32-bit
on eMachines.
After all my upgrades and overclocks, where do you guys think my PC stands on the more demanding games? What limitations will my machine face?
[Image: necok0.jpg]
Specs:
i3-530 @ 4.3 ghz
GTX 470 OC 725/1450/1875
6 GB DDR3 RAM
Jmuuss: Your games will only be limited by those that have specific bugs. Those specs are definitely good enough to run generally any game, provided it isn't buggy.
My spec:
-AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @2.8 GHz,
-4GB DDR3,
-AMD HD 4290 that comes with my motherboard, it should be roughly on par with Nvidia 6600GT/ ATi HD 2600PRO.

Do I need a better graphic card? Because I tried X-Men Legends but the game plays like a movie playback that's on 0.8x speed.