Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
was wondering if my computer would be ok to run pcsx2

amd fx™-6100 six-core processor 3.3ghz

8gig ram ddr3

amd radeon hd 7700

thanks in advance

Sponsored links

Some games will be ok, but the bulldozer architecture isn't very good, so a lot of games will struggle
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
It will do a lot better if you can push the clock to 4Ghz though.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Hi, I have two questions. First, I have a two year old laptop that I want to use for emulating games on the PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875) emulator. It's specs are Intel i7 3610qm @ 2.3 Ghz (Quad core processor), with a GT 650m 1GB, and 6 gb's of RAM. I plan to have games such as the spyro games, ratchet and clank, jak and daxter, possibly MGS (but I've heard it's hard to emulate), and most importantly Tenkaichi Boudakai 3. I would be running them at 720p... I'm just worried about the CPU.

Second question is: I want to emulate (on the same emulator as above) MGS 2 and 3, with 6x native resolution, FXXA, Anisotroping Filtering 4x, and Edge Anti-Aliasing on a desktop with an i7 4790k @4.0 ghz, and R9 290, 16 gb of RAM... would this be possible? Has anyone managed to run this game at I guess "max settings" at a stable 60 fps? I'm only asking because I'm on the middle of trying to overclock the GPU and CPU, as well as upgrading a few things on desktop PC... in addition I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of MGS 2 and 3 from gamestop.

Thanks in advance!!
Everything but spyro will struglle on that laptop, as you've chose some of the most demanding ps2 games.

Also ratchet and clank requires software mode for the textures to look right, so upscaling won't be possible.

That desktop will run those games just fine though.
Howdy, thought id ask sooooo yeah
anyways here my specs.

AMD FX-6 6300
4 gbs of ram
and ati raedon hd5500
The graphics card isn't very good. The cpu should really be overclocked to around 4-4 5ghz.

Nothing to say about the RAM
I got that card about three years ago so im not really surprised about that Tongue2 Thanks
No problem
I gave up on buy a laptop (GS70 stealth Pro), since there's none with enough power and thin, I rather wait till next year for a new laptop.

Meanwhile with almost half of laptop's price I'm thinking of buy a desktop, here's the specs:

Intel Core I7-4790K 4.0-4.4GHz
16GB 1600MHz
SLI GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 256Bits
HD 1000GB Sata III + SSD 120GB Sata III