Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Listen guys, I'm struggling with this because I am probably one of the most off topic people on the forum. So I will give you one more warning. Stay on topic in this thread, or else warnings will be given. That doesn't mean wait a few days and do it again. That means unless your post is a reply to "Is this PC fast enough?" then don't post it in this thread. Use PMs, or open another thread and direct the conversation there.

I understand that sometimes off topic stuff derives from on topic stuff. Someone posts something related to the topic, and in answering that question we go a little off topic. Then it cascades: Someone responds to that and goes even more off topic. And so on. I generally tolerate it, because I do it myself. But this thread is a special case. And it's been a mess lately.

This is the final warning.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

Yea about the X79 FTW , it was because it was for sell brand new at a shop close to me.

For the CPU , i got the i7-3820 for testing and so far it seems to be good
As for overclocking , I don't really want due to bad experience with Intel overclocking xD

thanks for the help though ^^'

The last thing I can say is that I am finaly able to play the games I wanted except for Champions : Return to Arms
My specs atm :
[Image: yuex8r-4.png]
nice!
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Back again. Got my Bios dump and tested it on my tower -works great there... but that thing is more of a beast, sadly not the Pc that will be running the emulations.

My current favorite is this one:
GPU Intel HD Graphics 4600
Intel Core i7-4770T (quad-core, 2.5 GHz) (Up to 3.7 GHz, Turbo)
8GB DDR 3 1600MHz
DirectX DirectX 11
OpenGL OpenGL 4.2
Windows 8

I did find a new alternative, where the CPU seems marginally better but what interests me the most is the GPU, it is described as comparable to a GeForce GT 640 or a Radeon HD 6670, which again would be well enough correct? This speed (if i get this correct) comes at a higher price. So once again, i ask you all what you think about it.

GPU Iris Pro 5200 w/128MB eDRAM
Intel Core i7 4770R (quad-core, 3.2 GHz) (Turbo up to 3.9 GHz)
8GB DDR 3 1600MHz
DirectX DirectX 11.2 (feature level 11_0)
OpenGL OpenGL 4.4
Windows 8

Thanks in advance!
(10-30-2014, 11:44 AM)Sio Wrote: Back again. Got my Bios dump and tested it on my tower -works great there... but that thing is more of a beast, sadly not the Pc that will be running the emulations.

8GB DDR 3 1600MHz
DirectX DirectX 11
OpenGL OpenGL 4.2
Windows 8

I did find a new alternative, where the CPU seems marginally better but what interests me the most is the GPU, it is described as comparable to a GeForce GT 640 or a Radeon HD 6670, which again would be well enough correct? This speed (if i get this correct) comes at a higher price. So once again, i ask you all what you think about it.

8GB DDR 3 1600MHz
OpenGL OpenGL 4.4
Windows 8

Thanks in advance!

It isn"t comparable to a gt640 its quite weaker than that but,if you are not interested in getting a onboard gpu then the second option will be better in gaming wise.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I wouldn't choose to use an IGP, just choose between a Nvidia or AMD Dedicated card, those Internal GPUs are way too slow for PCSX2.
This is a mediapc. Very Small case and all, there just isn't room for a dedicated GPU (also heat would be a problem or more the result of heat: noise). Just looking for a comparison between the two.
I found another review which places the Iris between GeForce GT 730M and GeForce GT 740M, it's in german though (http://www.computerbase.de/2013-07/intel...ik-test/4/ ), but they did extensive testing. I guess what i was looking for was an answer to: will the iris perform better than the HD 4600. Where the answer seems to be yes (?).
(10-30-2014, 01:42 PM)Sio Wrote: This is a mediapc. Very Small case and all, there just isn't room for a dedicated GPU (also heat would be a problem or more the result of heat: noise). Just looking for a comparison between the two.
I found another review which places the Iris between GeForce GT 730M and GeForce GT 740M, it's in german though (http://www.computerbase.de/2013-07/intel...ik-test/4/ ), but they did extensive testing. I guess what i was looking for was an answer to: will the iris perform better than the HD 4600. Where the answer seems to be yes (?).

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=1784&gid2=1438&compare=iris-pro-graphics-5200-desktop-vs-intel-hd-graphics-4600-desktop

iris is way better than hd 4600 and it is slightly slower than a gt640 and i guess it would do alright in pcsx2 but, it's better to get a new case and a dedicated gpu.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(10-29-2014, 04:01 AM)God601 Wrote: Yea about the X79 FTW , it was because it was for sell brand new at a shop close to me.

For the CPU , i got the i7-3820 for testing and so far it seems to be good
As for overclocking , I don't really want due to bad experience with Intel overclocking xD

thanks for the help though ^^'

The last thing I can say is that I am finaly able to play the games I wanted except for Champions : Return to Arms

i7-3820? What happened to the i7-4820k you were looking at? Ivy Bridge-E chips perform better than Sandy Bridge-E chips. Since you don't want to overclock though, I would say give the E5-1620 V2 a shot, it runs on the same Ivy Bridge-E architecture and has the same clock speed as the i7-4820K, so logic would dictate that it performs the same. So yeah, an Ivy Bridge-E might be good enough to play Champions: Return to Arms...it'll certainly perform better in that game than the i7-3820, I can tell you that for a fact. Another thing you could try would be to mess with PCSX2's speedhacks to see if you can get the game to run well on your current CPU.

Glad to hear you can finally play the games you wanted though. Cheers bro, and game on!

(10-30-2014, 11:44 AM)Sio Wrote: Back again. Got my Bios dump and tested it on my tower -works great there... but that thing is more of a beast, sadly not the Pc that will be running the emulations.

8GB DDR 3 1600MHz
DirectX DirectX 11
OpenGL OpenGL 4.2
Windows 8

8GB DDR 3 1600MHz
OpenGL OpenGL 4.4
Windows 8

Thanks in advance!

HD Graphics 4600 is a great IGP, and it works fine with PCSX2 at 2x, sometimes even 3x. The Iris Pro Graphics 5200 is DEFINITELY better than HD Graphics 4600 though, so you might want to go for that if you're sticking to Intel's IGPs. If playing games at 2xIR is good enough for you then save the money and stick with the Core i7-4770T's HD Graphics 4600. Although on the other hand, the Core i7-4770R does have better benchmarking numbers due to its higher clock, so if you can afford it it may be a good idea to think about going for that.

(10-30-2014, 01:00 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: I wouldn't choose to use an IGP, just choose between a Nvidia or AMD Dedicated card, those Internal GPUs are way too slow for PCSX2.

Incorrect. Haswell's IGPs work just fine for PCSX2. My Core i5-4670K ran all the games I tried at 2x just fine, and some I could push to 3x and even 4x. I agree that a dGPU would be better than an iGPU but this is a very specific case we're talking about here.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
I got the better one, for the same price as the worse, though i have to wait around 4 weeks for it... still 200€ ist a good chunk of money^^
Thx for the help. As I understand it, 3x native is already more than full HD, which is all my tv can handle, so why would i need 4x native?