Tekken 5 works slowly
(08-12-2010, 06:43 PM)Saiki Wrote: start > control panel > Power options

is this what you meant?

[Image: 88479994.jpg]

Sponsored links

Im not saying that it is 100% his video card [I think it is but I could be wrong ofc], I just notice his internal rez was at 1024x1024 originally. That rez gives me FPS problems aswell and my card is faster.

And the internal rez matters a huge deal...Other people may be getting 60fps on the game with the same card, but what internal rez are they running ? To make a comparison you have to know that info. If other people are running a GT 240 at native resolution [512x512] then 60 fps is going to happen. So that is no surprise. If they have the same card and are running it at 1024x1024 aswell and getting 60fps...Then sure there is a problem elsewhere.

So...Opeller what internal res are you running at ?
@opeller: yes. set it to high performance sometimes the PC doesn't see PCSX2 as needing full power from the CPU. This corrects that. let me know if that helps any

(this MAY require a restart, do so just to be on the safe side)
To see if it is your card very quickly, I would load up a 2player game and make a savestate of it. Write down the fps you are getting of course. Then change your internal resolution to something else. If your FPS increases or decreases, then it is your video card.

If it is your video card, the only work around for that is lowering your internal resolution and turning off anti-aliasing in your control panel. That would bump your framerate up.

Other than that, you could overclock your video card. You will see immediate gains from doing that...And it wont hurt your system from trying it. Download a app called Rivatuner, it has options to overclock.
petepiate: do you even read posts before you decide to add something?
(08-12-2010, 07:17 PM)Saiki Wrote: petepiate: do you even read posts before you decide to add something?

If you are referring to asking what resolution he is running at, the first time he brought it up he was running it at 1024x1024. But I also asked him to try 800x800 and 700x700 after he tried native resolution and his fps still was bad. So its unknown if he is running at native or a custom res...So your post is pretty pointless.

And knowing his res...is not pointless.
(08-12-2010, 07:29 PM)petepiate Wrote: If you are referring to asking what resolution he is running at *snip*
not even CLOSE. his CPU is not always using 100% and that is what I asked for. It has nothing to do with his GPU or pcsx2 for that matter. what I had asked and suggested WILL make a difference without changing ANYTHING in pcsx2
(08-12-2010, 07:10 PM)Saiki Wrote: @opeller: yes. set it to high performance sometimes the PC doesn't see PCSX2 as needing full power from the CPU. This corrects that. let me know if that helps any

(this MAY require a restart, do so just to be on the safe side)

(08-12-2010, 07:07 PM)petepiate Wrote: Im not saying that it is 100% his video card [I think it is but I could be wrong ofc], I just notice his internal rez was at 1024x1024 originally. That rez gives me FPS problems aswell and my card is faster.

And the internal rez matters a huge deal...Other people may be getting 60fps on the game with the same card, but what internal rez are they running ? To make a comparison you have to know that info. If other people are running a GT 240 at native resolution [512x512] then 60 fps is going to happen. So that is no surprise. If they have the same card and are running it at 1024x1024 aswell and getting 60fps...Then sure there is a problem elsewhere.

So...Opeller what internal res are you running at ?

A. I don't think it helped... and I did do a restart
B.if you mean my screen res than it's 1680x1050 but if you mean game res than it's 900x525
you may not notice it right away, and it may be slim, try disabling all speedhacks and see what comes up. also try running it on native rather than a custom resolution, this will also speed up pcsx2

use software on DX9. I was pulling 30 on that. your PC is MUCH faster
i played around a bit with different... call it performance-settings if you want.

at my "standard-settings" (8gb ram btw, i didn't change that of course, lol)
tekken 5 runs with 45-50 constantly (PAL-Version)

CPU = Pentium E5200 2,5Ghz @ 4,16Ghz
VGA = 1024MB Radeon 4870 @ 775Mhz GPU / 950Mhz RAM

TEST 1
CPU underclocked to 2Ghz
Tekken 5 (GSdx DirectX 10 Hardware) = 25-30fps

TEST2
VGA underclocked to 450 Mhz / 475 Mhz (cant go any lower with riva tuner's standard-config)
Tekken 5 (GSdx DirectX 10 Hardware) = still 45-50fps

so IMHO the cpu is much more important for tekken 5 than the graphic card, isn't it?
and my cpu isn't (if i can trust this program) that much faster than an i3-540

[Image: unbenanntaii.png]

internal res 1200x1200 btw.
speedhacks:
ee-cycle stealing = 2
vu-cycle stealing = 0
enable int-spin detection enabled
enable wait loop detection enabled
mvu flag hack enabled
mvu block hack enabled
(thats my "speedhack standard-config" and yes, i'm using the latest svn)
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps