[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
(09-21-2014, 07:39 PM)FalafeLJustice Wrote: Okay so for the winetricks commands which ones am I supposed to do? Also do I first need to have Xquartz and The Nvidia tool kit thing first? Do I also need to drop in the ps2 bios before anything else or can I just do that afterwards? Sorry for all the questions. My first time doing all this stuff and I am not that tech savvy.

With the new beta, don't follow any of the original instructions. Just follow the ones I posted.

Sponsored links

Heya!

Just wanted to let you know that I got it working on my iMac today after a bit of trouble.

I've tried every one of the GSdx plugins provided in the package and none of them will work at all. I can hear the boot sequence, but just get a black screen, no matter how I configure it.

SPU2-X I was able to get working with ZeroGS after trial and error. Had to set it to waveout to get clear sound and keep it from hanging up the entire process when trying to boot up.

I was receiving one other error where it kept saying DVD player is not set up after booting, but that was operator error and has been resolved.

Thank all of you a TON for providing this wonderful resource!
For your information, the source code for Wineskin is at http://sourceforge.net/p/wineskin/code/ci/master/tree/ , it would be nice if somebody modified it to make it easier to install bios/etc
When I am on the bios part of the configuration it says it is invalid. Am I doing something wrong? From the bios that I got it is in a folder form, do I drag the whole bios folder into the drag bios folder or do drag all the contents into the folder?
Wait nvm. I am an idiot. ignore what I said above. Any way to make the game look any better? I know on ppsspp you could somehow get a more smoother look to the whole game. Can you also do that here?
(09-23-2014, 03:03 AM)FalafeLJustice Wrote: Any way to make the game look any better? I know on ppsspp you could somehow get a more smoother look to the whole game. Can you also do that here?

In the GSdx plugin settings, change the renderer to Direct3D9 (hardware) and then use 2x scaling. You should notice the image is much better when you run in full screen mode. However, the hardware renderer is slower and buggier than the software renderer, it might not be worth it for some games.

Another thing you could try is turning on the "enable widescreen patches" under the system menu (doesn't work for some games, and only works in hardware mode, I believe)
When I changed it to hardware mode the textures just seem weird now. I'm trying to play tales of the abyss btw. The graphics look much smoother now but the textures for objects seem to flicker in and out as I move. The character models also seem to do that too. Any way to fix this?
(09-23-2014, 01:40 PM)FalafeLJustice Wrote: When I changed it to hardware mode the textures just seem weird now. I'm trying to play tales of the abyss btw. The graphics look much smoother now but the textures for objects seem to flicker in and out as I move. The character models also seem to do that too. Any way to fix this?

Nope, that's the current state of the hardware mode. Software mode is much further developed.
Really? There isnt a way to get the smoothing down yet? Will there ever be?
Hello,
I'm both a new mac user, and a new PCSX2 user. I have the pcsx2 1.0.7 installed and just found out that the 1.2.1 beta was out. After spending a couple days troubleshooting and messing around, I finally got it to work. If I install 1.2.1 will I have to go through the whole setup process again?(using the winetricks commands to get the plugins). Is there a way to "update" and keep all my current settings?

Also, I do have a relatively powerful mac. I have a mac pro with 8 cores and 32gb ram, though I do have the basic graphic card, dont know how that compares to other macs. I'm not a software developer so I really dont understand much of the command logs and other stuff like that, and I dont know exactly how wineskin works(im in music production). If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated.

EDIT:
The emulator runs kingdom hearts two perfectly with GSdx 5334(i believe) in software mode, other than some visual tearing?( when I turn the camera some of the image seems to linger in blocks, its really noticable when turning the camera and in cutscenes) is there any fix to this? I notice it on alot of emulators, I always attributed it to the fact that I used a laptop with not much power, and the mac pro has more than enough so I didnt expect this.