[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
(09-16-2014, 03:07 AM)FalafeLJustice Wrote: How did you get passed step 4? I don't have the answer to your question but I would like to know how.

When you start the Wine command, it shows the directory where they want the file to be, just follow that and place the downloaded item there and start the Wine command again.

I've been playing and the gameplay is smooth but it gets really laggy and choppy whenever I enter a cutscene as the FPS drops to 30-50. Can this be fixed, somehow?

Sponsored links

(09-17-2014, 03:53 AM)FXYC808 Wrote: When you start the Wine command, it shows the directory where they want the file to be, just follow that and place the downloaded item there and start the Wine command again.

I've been playing and the gameplay is smooth but it gets really laggy and choppy whenever I enter a cutscene as the FPS drops to 30-50. Can this be fixed, somehow?

Press F4
or go into the Emulation Settings, then GS and select frameskipping. Then press TAB. There you go.
(09-17-2014, 03:53 AM)FXYC808 Wrote: When you start the Wine command, it shows the directory where they want the file to be, just follow that and place the downloaded item there and start the Wine command again.

So when I run the msxml3 for the first time it opens up a document called msxml3. Once I download the msxml3 from the web am I supposed to extract it and then drag it into the msxml3 folder that popped up?
(09-17-2014, 10:44 PM)FalafeLJustice Wrote: So when I run the msxml3 for the first time it opens up a document called msxml3. Once I download the msxml3 from the web am I supposed to extract it and then drag it into the msxml3 folder that popped up?

Okay I am pretty sure that that was how it was supposed to be done but when I go to run it again in winetricks it just brings me back to the download page page for the msxml3?
You don't need msxml3.

Download the new beta from ConsoleEmu's website and run the Winetricks.command (from your desktop).
(09-18-2014, 01:00 AM)MacUser Wrote: You don't need msxml3.

Download the new beta from ConsoleEmu's website and run the Winetricks.command (from your desktop).

So how would I go about the tutorial for it? Is it basically the same except minus the msxml3 thing?
(09-09-2014, 06:50 PM)MacUser Wrote: After you download, the steps you should take are:

1: unzip the package

2: run the wineskin.command. If this works properly and you are connected to the internet, it should open a shell window and start downloading the required files. (Don't do from an external disk)

3: Throw your PS2 bios into the "Insert Bios Here" folder

4: Run the app

5: In the setup, change the settings for:

5a: change the SPU2-X plugin setting from X-Audio to Portaudio
5b: change the GSDX plugin from Direct3D9 (hardware) to Direct3D9 (software)

6: Select your game

7: Run

So when I extract the new beta it just turns into this file that I can't open. It tells me that there is no application that I can open it with. It is pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565.tar.xz right?
(09-20-2014, 12:13 AM)FalafeLJustice Wrote: So when I extract the new beta it just turns into this file that I can't open. It tells me that there is no application that I can open it with. It is pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565.tar.xz right?

This file can be unpacked by the Archive Utility built into Mac OS X
Okay so for the winetricks commands which ones am I supposed to do? Also do I first need to have Xquartz and The Nvidia tool kit thing first? Do I also need to drop in the ps2 bios before anything else or can I just do that afterwards? Sorry for all the questions. My first time doing all this stuff and I am not that tech savvy.