[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
(01-27-2014, 12:24 PM)avih Wrote: If you need to run the configuration again after you already configured it (e.g. to change screen options), right click the app and choose "Show package content", then run wineskin.app.

When I show packages and then run the app it brings me to the install screen again. I have the option to choose setup executable, copy folder, or move folder inside. This is where I'm having my issue. I'd assume you need to choose the exe but when I click it I no longer have access to the c drive. At the point I have already done all the stuff in the advanced tab.

When I've created my own wineskin in the past I just choose the pcsx2.exe that I have located somewhere on my comp and it runs.

Sponsored links

(01-27-2014, 05:37 PM)jes5ant Wrote: When I show packages and then run the app it brings me to the install screen again. I have the option to choose setup executable, copy folder, or move folder inside. This is where I'm having my issue. I'd assume you need to choose the exe but when I click it I no longer have access to the c drive. At the point I have already done all the stuff in the advanced tab.

When I've created my own wineskin in the past I just choose the pcsx2.exe that I have located somewhere on my comp and it runs.

Run wineskin, click advanced, choose your windows exe at 'drive c' pcsx2-5814 -> pcsx2.exe. You don't need to move folders or install any software since it's already included within the package at "drive c". You just need to choose it at the "advanced" panel.

If you somehow managed to get lost, just delete the main app and unzip the package again.
(01-27-2014, 02:57 PM)llcnjvvi Wrote: I get about an average of 30 fps playing DQ8 but my cpu is pretty puny so I guess thats to be expected. it looks perfect though.

I just booted my version up but as soon as the actual gameplay starts the framerate drops, the sound goes into slow mo and the graphics go nutty . Would you be able to post your settings?

I'm also using the version of pscx posted in the OP. I havn't gotten Avih's to launch yet.
Hello Everyone! I'm running a Macbook Pro 13 Retina 2013 version and I'm interested to se how this works out! I've downloaded the whole package, so I've yet to see exactly how well it runs on my system. Thank you everyone! I'll post back after I get it to work.
(01-27-2014, 06:23 PM)avih Wrote: Run wineskin, click advanced, choose your windows exe at 'drive c' pcsx2-5814 -> pcsx2.exe. You don't need to move folders or install any software since it's already included within the package at "drive c". You just need to choose it at the "advanced" panel.

If you somehow managed to get lost, just delete the main app and unzip the package again.

Once I have done exactly like you've said. What is my next step to get it to launch? It's not that it's not working or crashing. I just don't know what my next step is. I feel like I'm missing something basic.

I've attached an image of where I get stuck.

EDIT - After applying the settings in advanced I exited the program and tried to launch it. The wineskin logo pops up in my toolbar but then it crashes and shuts down without launching the app. I Opened up the wineskin and hit the test button. The log I got was: err:module:attach_process_dlls "winspool.drv" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\pcsx2-r5814\\pcsx2.exe" failed, status c0000005

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-27-2014, 06:45 PM)jes5ant Wrote: ...
EDIT - After applying the settings in advanced I exited the program and tried to launch it. The wineskin logo pops up in my toolbar but then it crashes and shuts down without launching the app. I Opened up the wineskin and hit the test button. The log I got was: err:module:attach_process_dlls "winspool.drv" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\pcsx2-r5814\\pcsx2.exe" failed, status c0000005

Yeah, IIRC, for others where it didn't work, they also got the same error. Still don't know how to solve it. So far, for some it works, and for others it gives this error.

After I created the package, in order to make it smaller I manually deleted some files from the Windows directory before i zipped and uploaded it (but after testing that it worked for me still). Maybe I removed something I shouldn't, but it still works for some people.. so, not sure about this error yet.
Ureka! What if I told you that I got the GSdx video plugin running with Direct3D9 in Software mode? Check it out:

My frame rates are terrible, but I have a 2009 MPB 13", so that's to be expected.

Oh, and what if I also told you that I got it running in hardware mode? I'll be putting up a new bundle tonight! (It requires XQuartz. Stay tuned)

Edit: download is now available. See first post for download and installation instructions.
(01-28-2014, 04:48 AM)ConsoleEmu Wrote: Ureka! What if I told you that I got the GSdx video plugin running with Direct3D9 in Software mode? Check it out:

Great news! Smile

Could you please post the exact steps to create this package?
Well, with the package from 2013-01-28, GSdx does work both in SW and HW mode when I have QuartzX11 installed, which is great.

However, compared to the SDL version of r5164 which I included with my package, HW mode is v-e-r-y slow on my 2010 MBA (about 10x slower than the SDL version), and GSdx DX SW mode is about half the speed of the SDL version.

However #2, in your same 2013-01-28 package, if I enable "Use Mac driver instead of X11", GSdx still works in DX in both SW and HW modes, but now the SW mode is about same speed as the SDL one (i.e. 2x faster than with X11), and HW mode is about half that speed (i.e. 5x faster than with X11).

On a 2010 MBA system...

Also, I did also try a very recent GSdx plugin, which also worked. However, its configuration dialog always crashes for me. However #4, it can be configured using GSdx from PCSX2 1.0, and then swapping to the latest GSdx works and keeps the configuration.

So how did you create that wineskin package? Did you install VCRT2010 using winetricks? anything else?
(01-28-2014, 09:56 AM)avih Wrote: Great news! Smile

Could you please post the exact steps to create this package?

Certainly! I'm using PCSX2 1.0.0 for the binary and the majority of the plugins. Here are the Winetricks I installed:
  • msxml3
  • vcrun2010
  • d3dx9_36

I also installed the Nvidia CG framework.

When I run this with the Wineskin version of X11, I can't use the GSdx plugins at all. I wonder if it's a problem with my graphics card or something.