Ultrabook to choose
Ok,
How about
i7-4510u
With AMD Mobility Radeon™ R7 M265 2GB

Sponsored links

both DQ8 and Rogue Galaxy are demanding games both cpu and gpu

Dont know about that video card but the i7 is slightly better stp then my 5 year old desktop i7 but both run at playable speeds, then again my video card probably much better

For the price you gona pay for said laptop you could make even beter pc. but alot people prefer mobile stuff these days so i dont know it preference thing
Well, i want it for "on the go" gaming as I'm a lot of time on trains (-:

I can buy a decent 15.6 laptop but it will be less comfortable.
(02-08-2015, 01:54 AM)Alonzo1982 Wrote: Well, i want it for "on the go" gaming as I'm a lot of time on trains (-:

I can buy a decent 15.6 laptop but it will be less comfortable.

yes well i not sure the cpu in that i7 is better then my 5 year i7 in the stp department which what pcsx2 need 920 vs 4510u but my gpu runs circles around that R7 M265 2GB. m265 vs 660gtx

So while the cpu would be enough i am unsure to how well the gpu will cope as my old 9800gt i had is just barely better compared to that gpu M265 vs 9800gt, and i had issues running those games with that gpu.

Could buy it and find out, or wait till some with better knowlage of that moblie gpu
cpu could possible pick up the slack and games should run in native(software mode) , or HW 2x but i am unsure
One last option (-:
I7 5500u + gt840m
How about it?
(02-08-2015, 02:34 AM)Alonzo1982 Wrote: One last option (-:
I7 5500u + gt840m
How about it?

Again unsure about the gpu and those games both the i7 5xxx u and i7 4xxx u better stp then my cpu, but like i said i struggled to play those games on my 9800gt which according to the links below the mobile gpu is worse or on par at best to the 9800gt.

660 vs 840m

9800gt vs 840m

I could be wrong i just know from personal experience 9800gt didn cut it for the those @2x and having playable speeds cpu was fine though, then again 9800gt was 512 mb card and the 2 mobile card are 1 and 2gb, but i dont think the video ram is what matters its the bandwidth??

Native res in software mode would probably work on both i really unsure to how much scaling you could do though.

My sugestion is buy what in your budget and see if works most people that know me around here know i not fan of anything mobile special when it comes to pcsx2 so i am bias, I just know those mobile gpu arnt impressive even when compared to my old 9800gt gpu
(02-08-2015, 02:34 AM)Alonzo1982 Wrote: One last option (-:
I7 5500u + gt840m
How about it?
Yeah, this is better. go for this one Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Thanks, now i see it has only 4gb(all the others have 8).
Is there any need for more in these days?
(Not only for pcsx2)
Pcsx2 isn't memory starving but, you will probably need some extra ram for playing latest pc games and video encoding and other things.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(02-08-2015, 09:26 AM)ssakash Wrote: Pcsx2 isn't memory starving but, you will probably need some extra ram for playing latest pc games and video encoding and other things.

that's not really going to play modern pc games anyways though.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]