Whats more faster for PCSX2 Playground?
Also,Will vista premium work with pcsx2 playground?

Sponsored links

Yes it will work fine
[Image: newsig.jpg]
thanks
So if anyone is saying to overclock the C2Q from 2.66ghz to x.xxghz is this a good heatsink for overclocking: ***.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233003
oh i also checked wikipedia about pcsx2,they said dual core 3.0ghz processors and higher with a good graphics card(cough XFX GeForce 8600 GT cough)it will run FFX over 60fps even to 80's and possibly 90's 0_0

and the graphic card:XFX GeForce 8600 GT is good for sure since its the 8000 seris and since its higher then the Geforce 6000 GT seris.
(12-20-2008, 11:40 PM)videogamer Wrote: oh i also checked wikipedia about pcsx2,they said dual core 3.0ghz processors and higher with a good graphics card(cough XFX GeForce 8600 GT cough)it will run FFX over 60fps even to 80's and possibly 90's 0_0

and the graphic card:XFX GeForce 8600 GT is good for sure since its the 8000 seris and since its higher then the Geforce 6000 GT seris.

I get around 160 fps on thunder plains (where I currently am) using GSdx9 with an internal resolution of 2048x2048 and pretty much every quality setting maxed out, rev 468, all speed hacks except Disable FPU Overflow Checks (breaks menus if enabled) enabled, VU FtZ and DaZ enabled.
Q9450 @ 3.2GHz and it should clock to 3.6 or even higher if you really put some work into it (which I'm going to do soon).
The Q9450 is definitely a good choice, never let me down and primed fine for 20 hours Happy

Rest of the rig:
4870X2 both GPUs at 800, VRAM at 1800 (stock)
4GB 5-5-5-18 @ 1066
CPU-cooler is a Zalman CNPS 9700 NT btw, wouldn't recommend it if you want to go over 3.4 though, better go for water then.
Reading images from a RAID0-Array, might give a minor performance boost (should be around 200mbyte/s read).

Of course there is a downside to the overclocking, or several actually:
  • Increased wear (and it's not just the CPU itself)
  • power consumption
  • high temperatures
  • probably noisy

I'll try to get it to 3.6 and keep you updated on the performance Wink
dang man your packed!you spended like over 300 bucks i bet!

but dont worry,im not gonna go over 3.4 only likw 3.0 or higher but lower then 3.2 or 3.3

but the heatsink is WAY too much money(well for me) thats why i need this:***.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233003

people say thats a good one also for 3.0ghz

and if not,i can get 2 mobos(one from the combo,one from sperete)the dual core will go to the mobo thats with the combo and the C2Q will go on upgrade board

BUT ANYWAYS.....to another question,how DO YOU overclock a C2Q 2.66ghz?i know i need a good heatsink(which is on the link of newegg on top)but the config,i dont know what selection to change.

if you guys need more info/a video about the heatsink here is a video:***.youtube.com/watch?v=D0G4e3rqiWU
by the way here is more info of the heatsink(i think its about overclocking with the heatsink,if so tell me if its good because a C2Q is at 3.6Ghz and the degrees are idle at 39C and load at 65C,says its still at the "safe zone"
Quote:but the heatsink is WAY too much money(well for me) thats why i need this:***.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233003
well according to the user ratings at newegg, I think for the price,
the "ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler"
would be better:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835186134

Otherwise, I have a Zalman CNPS9500 AT, (41$ at newegg)
and I'm pretty happy with it.

Quote:if so tell me if its good because a C2Q is at 3.6Ghz
Frankly with the 45nm, temperature is not too much an issue.
Your CPU , will most likely die because you increased too much the vcore,
before you have a problem with overheating.
but it doesnt support C2Q's the heatsink link you gave me :'( AND ITS GOOD!darn....so technicly i cant overclock the C2Q with the heatsink i choosen?!(sigh)there goes the tutorials on youtube of how to overclock a C2Q2.50 or 2.66 ghz processor
:'(
dang...i only wanted to overclock it to ether 3.0ghz or 3.2 or 3.4ghz...
@videogamer
Quote:but it doesnt support C2Q's the heatsink link you gave me
yes it does.
On description, it supports "Core 2 Extreme Quad".
If it supports extreme quads, then it support normal quads.
And if you read user comments, they are cooling normal quads.

Quote:so technicly i cant overclock the C2Q with the heatsink i choosen?!
You can, safely overclock from 2.66ghz to 3.2 ghz (around 20% of boost).

What I'm saying, is that for a 45nm, the vcore used can be more important than the temperature. So if you want to overclock a lot, don't look only at temperatures.