Whats more faster for PCSX2 Playground?
(12-21-2008, 06:23 AM)bigmehdi Wrote: @videogamer
Quote:but it doesnt support C2Q's the heatsink link you gave me
yes it does.
On description, it supports "Core 2 Extreme Quad".
If it supports extreme quads, then it support normal quads.
And if you read user comments, they are cooling normal quads.
Right, it's a Socket 775 cooler, that and it's cooling performance is all you need to know, the CPU doesn't care about the shape, colour or material of the heatsink Tongue

(12-21-2008, 06:23 AM)bigmehdi Wrote:
Quote:so technicly i cant overclock the C2Q with the heatsink i choosen?!
You can, safely overclock from 2.66ghz to 3.2 ghz (around 20% of boost).

What I'm saying, is that for a 45nm, the vcore used can be more important than the temperature. So if you want to overclock a lot, don't look only at temperatures.
Yup, I'd say keep it < 1.35v to be on the relatively safe side Wink

As for my rig, it booted at 3.6 but got pretty hot and put quite some stress on my PSU, 570W under prime with the GPUs idling, that's a little to much for a 620W PSU.
I then got rid of the Arctiv Silver and switched to Coollaboratory Liquid Pro, resulting in 62°C under prime (in-place large FFT) @ 3.6 instead of 71°C with the Arctic Silver 5. Time for a new PSU I guess Smile

Sponsored links

ok i decided to get the heatsink(or any other better one if i can find one)that you gave me,but one thing,how/what settings do i need to change in order to get 3.2ghz(that ghz is fine for now)and what adjustments?
(12-21-2008, 06:38 AM)videogamer Wrote: ok i decided to get the heatsink(or any other better one if i can find one)that you gave me,but one thing,how/what settings do i need to change in order to get 3.2ghz(that ghz is fine for now)and what adjustments?

Assuming you take the 9450, you'll have to raise the FSB to 400MHz. Can't tell you more without any info on the mobo/BIOS but it should be a simple process.
@morpha
Quote:Assuming you take the 9450, you'll have to raise the FSB to 400MHz
You meant Q9400.
Each CPU overclock differently, so he might need to raise vcore.

@videogamer
I think you'd rather read some tutorials on the web about overclocking . It's not safe to assume that by changing a parameter, it would work properly.
(12-21-2008, 07:00 AM)bigmehdi Wrote: @morpha
Quote:Assuming you take the 9450, you'll have to raise the FSB to 400MHz
You meant Q9400.
Nope, Q9450 because it has 12MB L2 cache instead of just 6 (Q9400) and it does make a difference Wink

(12-21-2008, 07:00 AM)bigmehdi Wrote: Each CPU overclock differently, so he might need to raise vcore.
Yeah but as I said, we can't really get more specific without info on the BIOS.
@morpha
Quote:Nope, Q9450 because it has 12MB L2 cache instead of just 6
All right ...

Quote:Yeah but as I said, we can't really get more specific without info on the BIOS.
I meant each batch is different.
There are E8400 that can overclock up to 3.8 ghz,
and others up to 4.1 ghz for instance.
Some need to raise vcore for a specified frequency, other that don't.
You can't give him general parameters, he must test himself.
(12-21-2008, 07:18 AM)bigmehdi Wrote: I meant each batch is different.
There are E8400 that can overclock up to 3.8 ghz,
and others up to 4.1 ghz for instance.
Some need to raise vcore for a specified frequency, other that don't.
You can't give him general parameters, he must test himself.
Yeah but he just wants 3.2 for now, not a big deal. You're right though, it might require higher voltage and it should be set manually since most automatic solutions tend to overvolt Ninja
(sighs) i dont think i should overclock...maybe i should just go with the 3.0ghz C2D+mobo combo..because im too worried about overclocking,i dont wanna waste money and other things.
Well you'd void your warranty, but on the other hand, by not overclocking you are kind of wasting money because there's so much unused potential. The fact that pretty much all modern BIOSes have overclocking features implies that overclocking has become standard.
Some even have a wizard-like percentage overclocking option, all you have to do is set the percentage and it does it all for you. You can't get the full potential because that involves hours of trial and error, but from 2.66 to 3.2 should be possible using automated overclocking features.
or what about this processor(thats if pcsx2 playground works with AMD)AMD Athlon 64 X2 5800+ Processor its 3.0ghz and its dual core(same,computer combo deal,power brick,computer case,processor,ram etc)

im checking if this processor would work in pcsx2 playground because all i need after i buy the 220 bucks combo is a hard drive,and a good graphics card,then i myself made a gaming computer