XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Hi, i use DS4 for pc games. Its great but has horrible battery life. Can you tell me BIT abt how well ds3 runs on pc with ur program? DS4 had zero lag using inexters program, i knw its derived from urs.

Sponsored links

(12-20-2013, 02:24 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @kaidon: no flags required. If you can run ScpMonitor before starting your game and if possible run the game windowed. ScpMonitor displays a packet counter for reports received from the controller, it should be constantly incrementing.
Ok, tried this. It reproduces 100% of the time.

The counter stops incrementing when the controller stops responding.

(12-20-2013, 02:24 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: After the controller stops responding - right-click on the icon in the task bar, select Configuration, check Disable LED, click OK.
Repeat and uncheck Disable LED. Let me know if the LED switches Off and On.
Tried this. The LED turned off, then on. The counter in the monitor window did not change.

(12-20-2013, 02:24 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: You can also disable Rumble from this rather than in-game
This does not prevent the problem. I had to turn the vibration off 'in game' for it not to happen.

Another odd thing... after about 10 minutes the controller just started vibrating and wouldn't stop, even after unplugging. I had to plug it back in to stop vibrating - very strange. The counter in the monitor went up once. Then stopped again when the rumble began.
(12-19-2013, 11:10 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @znation: ok, from the log we are getting closer. I've attached an updated ScpControl.dll, can you try it out.

edit: oops dll attached now

Will test next monday (i'm on holiday)
Good evening Scarlet Crush, I love where this program could go and want to use it on my new steam big picture. However I am having trouble with the final part of getting this thing working. Detaching the controller from USB. Before I buy a new Bluetooth dongle I want to make sure mine will not work. Attached are my DS3 server logs. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files
.7z   ScpService.7z (Size: 881 bytes / Downloads: 183)
I was having a issue similar to znation's ("<Error>" from ScpMonitor on BT driver replacement, unable to pair); I tried the latest attached ScpControl.dll and this seems to have resolved the issue for my dongle (USB\VID_0930&PID_0A05) and I am now able to pair.
@silbery: battery life of a DS3 really depends on how much Rumble is used, although from my experience it is far better than DS4.

Lag is usually caused by signal interference, if your DS4 is running lag free DS3 will also be lag free. There was almost 150,000 downloads of the 1.0.0.103 version, I can only remember 1 post regarding lag/dropout and this was solved by moving the BTH dongle away from a Wifi Dongle.

@kaidon: can you check the driver files attached to your DS3, should look like the attached screenshot.

@madtown: the service log looks fine, what issue are you having? Using DS3 or DS4?

DS3 should connect on BTH automatically after unplugging from USB.
DS4 you need to press the PS button to connect on BTH.

@Mechathief: cool, thanks for the feedback.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@dink: test dlls attached. Test-0 is basically the same stack as 1.0.0.103. Happy testing ^^

Attached Files
.7z   Dink-Test.7z (Size: 28,97 KB / Downloads: 180)
(12-20-2013, 02:13 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @kaidon: can you check the driver files attached to your DS3, should look like the attached screenshot.
Thanks Scarlet. I will take a look when I get back from vacation.
(12-20-2013, 02:13 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @silbery: battery life of a DS3 really depends on how much Rumble is used, although from my experience it is far better than DS4.

Lag is usually caused by signal interference, if your DS4 is running lag free DS3 will also be lag free. There was almost 150,000 downloads of the 1.0.0.103 version, I can only remember 1 post regarding lag/dropout and this was solved by moving the BTH dongle away from a Wifi Dongle.

@kaidon: can you check the driver files attached to your DS3, should look like the attached screenshot.

@madtown: the service log looks fine, what issue are you having? Using DS3 or DS4?

DS3 should connect on BTH automatically after unplugging from USB.
DS4 you need to press the PS button to connect on BTH.

@Mechathief: cool, thanks for the feedback.

I am having trouble connecting DS3 to Bluetooth. Once I unplug the USB it just flashes and there is no connection.

Some observations I see, that make me think it might be the Dongle.
The adapter shows up in devices until I install the wrapper then it just disappears from there. However it still listed under USB devices. Under hardware manager.

This same issues happens if I use Zadig for reinstalling driver as well. It says complete but then it disappears from devices.

I always have the error connection to host showing on the server.

Bluetooth ID is different then this ones usually shown. When I go to properties then details then Hardware ID the ID says Bluetooth/tosrfbd. It doesn't have that name like in post 1.
@madtown: your ScpService.log is showing that your BTH dongle is starting up fine. Are you trying to run ScpServer.exe?

Can you do this -
1. Stop ScpServer if it is running.
2. Disconnect your DS3 from USB. Press and hold the PS button until the LEDs stop flashing.
3. Reboot your PC.
4. Run ScpMonitor.exe. (You should see your BTH host address - 00:15:83:54:20:96)
5. Plug in your DS3 to USB. (You should see Pad 1 appear with your DS3s address and USB)
6. Unplug your DS3 from USB. (You should see Pad 1 switching to Reserved, after a few seconds you should see it switch to BTH)

If it doesn't switch to BTH, zip up your ScpService.log & ScpDriver.log and post.