XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
(02-14-2013, 07:07 AM)Ashnal Wrote: Let's see, after installing the driver for the external one, it comes up with a MAC of 00:00:00:00:00:00, which the DS3 won't pair with. Let me try restarting.

Yeah, the brand new external dongle is showing up as a MAC of 00:00:00:00:00:00 with no HCI or LMP version. The monitor recognizes that something is plugged in though.

Sponsored links

@Ashnal: did your external dongle come with drivers?

My Asus dongle is based on an Atheros BTH chip, it initially appears as USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3000 [Atheros Valkyrie BootROM]. When the supplied Asus drivers are installed, a driver [AthDfu.sys] is loaded for it, this downloads loadware onto the dongle. The loadware then configures the dongle and changes it's hardware id to USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3002, the dongle is subsequently recognised by Windows as a Bluetooth Radio device, and becomes usable by ScpService / ScpServer.

Your external dongle may require a similar driver to be loaded in order to make it usable. The hardware id you added to the inf file may not be correct for the Bluetooth functionality of your dongle.
Thanks, I believe it's working just fine now, I'm about to go try it out in Planetside. I'll probably play through FFXII too.

Thanks Scarlet.

Btw, is there a way to toggle rumble?
(02-14-2013, 09:40 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Ashnal: did your external dongle come with drivers?

My Asus dongle is based on an Atheros BTH chip, it initially appears as USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3000 [Atheros Valkyrie BootROM]. When the supplied Asus drivers are installed, a driver [AthDfu.sys] is loaded for it, this downloads loadware onto the dongle. The loadware then configures the dongle and changes it's hardware id to USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3002, the dongle is subsequently recognised by Windows as a Bluetooth Radio device, and becomes usable by ScpService / ScpServer.

Your external dongle may require a similar driver to be loaded in order to make it usable. The hardware id you added to the inf file may not be correct for the Bluetooth functionality of your dongle.

Hmmm, alright then I'll find the install CD and give it a go. I wish I could figure out why my internal bluetooth doesn't work though Sad

EDIT: Lets see, the driver install CD claims that it can't detect the dongle, something's fishy here. I went and found the stock motorola bluetooth drivers for my internal chip, the interesting part is that it uses a Motorola bluetooth stack, and NOT the windows stack, if I read correctly. No bluescreen after uninstalling all SCP drivers. I'll try and get the internal chip to work with my phone and go from there.

EDIT: Got the Moto drivers installed and working. my phone pairs with the chip just fine, buuut the file transfer software doesn't even see the phone. The phone reports the laptop as connected with the only function enabled as bluetooth audio. On the bright side, bluetooth audio IS working from my phone TO my computer. I have no idea why this is so damn difficult Sad

EDIT: IT WORKS! I got it working with the internal chip after using my stock drivers a bit, then completely reinstalling the Scp drivers. Only thing that bugs me now is the consistent bluescreen that will most likely keep me from ever putting my computer into hibernation. Though, that doesn't bother me that much.
Hi Scarlet,
First off; thank you so much! Everyone has been desperate for a Motioninjoy alternative and it seems you've done it! And BT support as well! I registered specifically to thank you and to ask you a few questions:

I tried to follow your instructions in post #301 and my DS3 controller works via USB immediately after installing ScpDriver but if I remove the USB cable from my controller my bluetooth doesn't pair. This may be because my dongle isn't supported yet. I haven't been able to ascertain what the hardware ID is yet though.

Besides that, if I reconnect the controller it won't work anymore, even after a system reboot. I need to uninstall reinstall the drivers for it to work again.

Something that I noticed in the Scpmonitor is this: "Host address: Disconnected".

The Scpserver also says that all four ports are disconnected.

I've installed the latest x360 drivers and windows successfully installed my BT dongle driver.

Thanks again,

Hyperion
Win 7 64bit | i5 3570K Overclocked to 4.2GHz | 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GTX 480 | 17TB storage
(02-15-2013, 03:30 AM)zoomHYPERIONzoom Wrote: Hi Scarlet,
First off; thank you so much! Everyone has been desperate for a Motioninjoy alternative and it seems you've done it! And BT support as well! I registered specifically to thank you and to ask you a few questions:

I tried to follow your instructions in post #301 and my DS3 controller works via USB immediately after installing ScpDriver but if I remove the USB cable from my controller my bluetooth doesn't pair. This may be because my dongle isn't supported yet. I haven't been able to ascertain what the hardware ID is yet though.

Besides that, if I reconnect the controller it won't work anymore, even after a system reboot. I need to uninstall reinstall the drivers for it to work again.

Something that I noticed in the Scpmonitor is this: "Host address: Disconnected".

The Scpserver also says that all four ports are disconnected.

I've installed the latest x360 drivers and windows successfully installed my BT dongle driver.

Thanks again,

Hyperion

After my adventures in getting this to work, I might be able to help a little. If it doesn't show a Host Address in ScpMonitor, then the Bluetooth driver hasn't been installed. You'll know if it's been installed because you'll be unable to use your bluetooth for anything else, and it will show up in ScpMonitor. To find the Hardware Id of the bluetooth device you'll need to go into Device Manager from the control panel. Find the bluetooth device, right click and go into the properties for it. Go into the details tab and select Hardware Ids from the dropdown. The full line without the REV part is the one you want.

@Scarlet.Crush
Now that I've got the bluetooth working and the virtual 360 controller receiving input, how can I get a game to recognize it? It doesn't show up as a generic controller in the game controllers panel like it did under MIJ, which means no programs will recognize it.

ESIT: Nevermind, the drivers for the virtual 360 controller didn't install properly. After manually updating them everything seems to be working fine.
(02-15-2013, 09:17 AM)Ashnal Wrote: After my adventures in getting this to work, I might be able to help a little. If it doesn't show a Host Address in ScpMonitor, then the Bluetooth driver hasn't been installed. You'll know if it's been installed because you'll be unable to use your bluetooth for anything else, and it will show up in ScpMonitor. To find the Hardware Id of the bluetooth device you'll need to go into Device Manager from the control panel. Find the bluetooth device, right click and go into the properties for it. Go into the details tab and select Hardware Ids from the dropdown. The full line without the REV part is the one you want.

@Scarlet.Crush
Now that I've got the bluetooth working and the virtual 360 controller receiving input, how can I get a game to recognize it? It doesn't show up as a generic controller in the game controllers panel like it did under MIJ, which means no programs will recognize it.

ESIT: Nevermind, the drivers for the virtual 360 controller didn't install properly. After manually updating them everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks Ashnal Smile,

I now don't have to reinstall Scpdrivers every time but I do have to reboot to regain functionality. I think it was because I was using one of Scarlet's earlier builds.

I have since found my original driver CD that came with my dongle and installed the BT drivers. The same problem persists. The Host address is still reading "Disconnected".

My BT dongle's hardware ID is USB\VID_1131&PID_1004.
Win 7 64bit | i5 3570K Overclocked to 4.2GHz | 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GTX 480 | 17TB storage
I think I know why my controller doesn't reconnect if I unplug then replug the USB cable. The controller I am using is a unofficial DS3 knock off (that works perfectly with my PS3, by the way, and has worked wirelessly with the awful Motioninjoy) and the device name is displayed as "PLAYSTATION®3Conteroller" instead of "PLAYSTATION® 3 Controller" (the knock off has an extra "e" and has no spaces). Could this be throwing off Scarlet's code?

I've tried my official DS3 controller and it reconnects as it should when plugged back in via USB. It doesn't pair via BT either though. I still have the "Host address: Disconnected" problem.
@zoomHYPERIONzoom: your hardware id was added in ScpServer-0.7.0.96-Bth-Update-4.7z, see Post #301

Your unofficial DS3 knock off may not work, drivers are designed to work with genuine Sony controllers.
(02-15-2013, 12:52 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @zoomHYPERIONzoom: your hardware id was added in ScpServer-0.7.0.96-Bth-Update-4.7z, see Post #301

Your unofficial DS3 knock off may not work, drivers are designed to work with genuine Sony controllers.

Interesting, but the bluetooth still won't work with my official DS3 controller.