Xenosaga III brightness variation issue
the game is playable under D3D10/11 with the skipdraw hack set to 3.
flickering light sources can be resolved with the offset hack

both of these require allowhacks=1 in the gsdx ini.

unfortunately, there may be random occurences where the entire screen is white because of the image being rendered through a post process like water splashing or blur, though i only experienced that in XS2.

Finally, this game benefits from the 8bit texture shader.

Sponsored links

havn't gotten to EP-III yet, having a few issues porting all my game saves from my PS2 mem card, i do have a question for you though? what are some optimal setting for Xenosaga EP-I? it seems every other cutscene (especially long ones) the video slows down, even on native res, FF-XII and Xenosaga EP-II are fine+^_^+
XS 1 does not benefit from the 8bit shader, benefits obscenely from MTVU (20+FPS increase)

Its mostly reliant on a fast cpu speed though.
(03-05-2012, 08:38 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: XS 1 does not benefit from the 8bit shader, benefits obscenely from MTVU (20+FPS increase)

Its mostly reliant on a fast cpu speed though.
i see, well MTVU slows me down by about 10 FPS, but i thinks that because i only have 2 physical cores, (2 logical, it's an i5-2410m) so pcsx2 only pops my usage to about 50% leading me to believe pcsx2 doesn't or can't take advantage of hyper threading tech. i know EP-1 is one of the most intensive PS2 games (my slim lags on it even) but at least it's mostly playable+^_^+ thanks for your help, ima start experimenting with frame skipping+^_^+
[Image: 110hd84.png]
Ok this time back on topic. I can't use the DX9 renderer because it is way too buggy, so I stick to DirectX 11. Any idea of how to turn off the shadow calculation?
Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor overclocked to 4.70 Ghz
Cooler Master Vortex Plus
Kingstom 4GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM
ASUS P8Z68-V Motherboard
Sapphire Radeon HD 6850
Western Cavier Blue 500 GB
Cooler Master GX 550W
Cooler Master Elite 430

well, i have this game, but im not that far into it, (never ported my PS2 mem card so i gotta start from scratch) if you want to load your game save, i can play with it a bit tonight and see if i get the same issue+^_^+
(03-06-2012, 05:53 PM)sonicstream Wrote: Ok this time back on topic. I can't use the DX9 renderer because it is way too buggy, so I stick to DirectX 11. Any idea of how to turn off the shadow calculation?

more like you have bad drivers
^Bad driver you mean, I need to reinstall the Catalyst driver again? I'm using the official Catalyst driver on AMD Radeon HD 6850.
Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor overclocked to 4.70 Ghz
Cooler Master Vortex Plus
Kingstom 4GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM
ASUS P8Z68-V Motherboard
Sapphire Radeon HD 6850
Western Cavier Blue 500 GB
Cooler Master GX 550W
Cooler Master Elite 430

latest? go back to 11.7 or 11.10