[macOS] P.R.O.M. - PCSX2 Running on Mac (64-bit & Now runs on Catalina!)
(02-04-2020, 01:18 PM)XVirus Wrote: I can't run on Catalina. I got the damaged file error...

Maybe is it because of this:?

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/4/18651872/apple-macos-catalina-zsh-bash-shell-replacement-features

If you could run on Catalina, maybe you upgraded your Mac from a previous version, for those who came directly on Catalina they may find this problem. Unfortunately, I voluntarily changed from bash to zsh.

Or maybe that doesn't mean anything at all. Sad  Sad

Changing from bash to zsh shouldn't affect Wine in any way. If it says the file is damaged, it's possible because of the security. Check the first post for a fix under "Known Issues / FAQs".

(02-08-2020, 04:56 AM)AceCayse Wrote: I am having an issue though, every time I try to open the first time configuration and click the next button, the application stops responding. 

I am currently running on Mojave

[Image: TMwPZ8d]

This is a known issue. Try killing the app with Activity Monitor and/or Force Quit and try again. This is also listed under "Known Issues / FAQs" in the first post.

(02-12-2020, 11:45 AM)xiu Wrote: Hi, I'm new here and I followed your tutorial to download the app. I downloaded the .dmg file but I can't extract it. It verified the file like usual but nothing happened after that. I'm on Catalina.

The DMG installer might be damaged during the download. Try re-downloading the file.

Sponsored links

Henlo, I am on macOS catalina and when booting p.r.o.m it just gets stuck on the pcsx2 program log. It won't load the actual emulator. SIP and gatekeeper is disabled. Help
Hey, I'm new to using this emulator, so when I found this post, I thought it might make things simpler. I know the official mac version of pcsx2 is pretty outdated and that using wine is basically the only way to use the latest version on mac. But anyway, I digress. The reason I'm writing this post is that I can't seem to get the program to open at all. I've already tried to disable Gatekeeper and SIP. Whenever I try to open the program, I always get absolutely nothing. Not even an error message. If it helps, I'm using the 17-inch, Mid 2010 MacBook Pro running macOS Sierra version 10.12.6. Thanks.
Hello,
Thank you with all the help so far. I got PROM good to go on my Catalina but when I put in an ISO it doesn't work. I put in GTA III and it stays on the loading screen while playing the audio for the game. What can I do to fix this?
post your log ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
AceCayse Wrote: Wrote:I am having an issue though, every time I try to open the first time configuration and click the next button, the application stops responding. 

I am currently running on Mojave

[Image: TMwPZ8d]

Quote:This is a known issue. Try killing the app with Activity Monitor and/or Force Quit and try again. This is also listed under "Known Issues / FAQs" in the first post.

I can confirm that using Force Quit and trying again does not work. It freezes every single time whenever I click 'next' or cancer. Gatekeeper and System Integrity Protection are disabled already.

What causes this freezing and how can I prevent it?
(01-24-2020, 02:57 AM)Dorian.D Wrote: Hey! I has this problem like you.
right click PROM>contents>MacOS> and open WineSkinLauncher. After this will open WORKING installer!)

Hello!

I had this problem and I couldn't get it to work either. This finally worked for me (with gate keeper and SIP off):
PROM>contents>MacOS>drag this item INTO system preferences>security>privacy>input methods
Then close everything and try to run again
Hey there! Thanks for this amazing workaround, after about an hour I was able to finally get this up and running. Both PS2 iso files I have work however they both run at about 50-60% speed (seems caused from audio rather than video). Any idea how to fix this? Perhaps in the audio plugin settings?
Hello all, I've been following the thread trying to work out how to get PROM/PCSX2 working and am experiencing something I couldn't see mentioned here. Firstly I had the "damaged, move to bin" message. I tried the terminal inputs as suggested in the first post but this didn't stop the problem. I then rebooted in recovery mode and entered the other terminal prompt Now instead of the "damaged/bin" message I get a bunch of messages like this:

"Error while moving file: You can’t save the file “.update-timestamp” because the volume “446C68B6-F764-4EB6-9404-917DDDC31ADA” is read only."

Any idea why this is happening?

UPDATE: I was being an idiot and didn't realise I had to drag the PROM v1.01 over to my applications. Hope this information helps someone else anyways!
I tried opening the app, however, I do not see any new folders in my documents folder to put the bios in. Would you know the cause of this?

**Update: They're there now, Wink