..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: I Need Some Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
Game : Guitar Hero Metallica
Region : NTSC
Emulator : PCSX2 V 1.0.0
Specs : Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge 3570k 3.4GhZ Quad Core
: 4GB DDR3
: nVidia GeForce 8600 GT Silent Pipe II ( 256MB DRR3 / 128bit)
: 3rd Generation Processor Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 4000

Well I downloaded the default 1.0.0 emulator , installed it , and configured it as this: GS: AVX - - > Config - -> Direct3D10 (Hardware) , resolution : 640 x 480
The Main Problem Is : I emulate the ISO file , the game loads... I have 60 fps almost everywhere , when I go to the Select A Song List there my fps drops to 40 - 50 fps , I select a song , the game loads in 59 - 60 fps and when the gig starts , my fps drops to 0.55 - 1.20.. I tryed to configure the emulator .. but the most succesfull config was 16 fps in-game (All Thease things were tested on GeForce 8600 , I have not tested the game with Intel HD Graphics 4000)

Please help me and sorry for my bad grammar.
Thank You
I am no expert but doesnt the AVX plugin only apply to software mode?

You may want to either use software mode of try one of the other plug-ins. Take this with a grain of salt though Smile

If you do want software mode then you will likely have to overclock your CPU.
Thnx but I forgot to mention that I cannot change to other GS , just AVX , and I tryed it on software mode and the result are : Great Graphics increase , but i still got 1 - 2 fps with it...
I don't know if it's necessary to overclock the processor because it's powerfull enough.. and I don't know if it's healthy...
1- update directx. That should allow you to use gsdx sse4 in hardware mode
2 - use native res only in gsdx options.
3 - enable recommended speedhacks ( especially mtvu)

Then report back
1- I uninstalled the emulator and installed it back but this time I cheched the DirectX Web Installer , so gsdx sse4 has become available , I selected It , Direct3D10 Hardware + native res

2- I enabled all recommended speedhacks + mtvu

Result : A Nice 2 - 3 fps gameplay Smile
I guess it didn't worked :| do you know anything else?
ThX
set gsdx sw rendering threads to 2 or 3 (experiment a bit)
and use gsdx software mode (F9).
that said, it's highly possible it won't be playable anyways.

your best bet is to keep playing on your PS2 until you can get a better GPU