..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Hard Time with performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to build a low-end emulation station, that will run all my emulators decently.

I test and verify things are working good on my main rig which is a
I7 4770k @ 4.0ghz 16mb 2400Ram, 2x 780ti, SSD, blah blah mostly high end.

I can get most if not all games to run very good, as long as FXAA is turned off, is slows to a crawl when that is checked but when its not its super fast and responsive. Anyways that is not really the issue just a side question as to why that would be happening on my rig.

My Emulation Rig is a Intel Core Duo e8400, Evga 630 GT DDR3 1GB, 4GB ram Windows 7 64Bit. "Testing Game is Ridge Racer V"

So far I can run decent stuff, even dolphin emulation with little problems on it, though I can't crank up the pretties but it does work on it.

The other issue is everywhere I heard that is if you have performance issues, try DX9, in which DX9 gives me 7-10 FPS while DX11 gives me 33FPS in the menus, and this is with default.

I read through the guide, 2 times and still have a hard time understanding because if dx9 should give me a boost and it works the exact other way around.

I was at the point of giving up and just emulate the ps2 on my main rig but i don't really want to do that. and I don't really want to dump more money into an old machine, as the bottleneck might be the CPU which would require a new build on this motherboard.

I am not looking for tweaked fantastic scaled textures running at 6x I am just looking to run the ps2 in its original state and have 50-60 fps I can live with that on the emulation machine.

Maybe Ridge Racer V is a bad example?

if so what game should I try, i have all of them just need to fetch them
That machine is really gonna struggle on newer console emulation.

Is it an option to use something like Steam in home streaming to stream from your powerful machine? That's what I do, and if you use wired connection or Wireless N or better it will do good. And also you can make it look really nice.