..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Portable version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there !

I have installed PCSX2 at home and everything is running fine, so no problem there.
But I would like to use it on a computer where I don't have admin rights, so I can't Install Visual C++ (e.g. at work Ohmy )

My question is :
Which DLL files do I have to include in the PCSX2 folder in order to make it work from an USB flash drive?

CPU : Intel Core I3 5005U
GPU : Intel HD Graphics 5500
RAM : 4Go

I have ISO and PCSX2 binaries on the USB drive

Thanks in advance.
Edit : double post
You will have better luck with pcsx2 1.2 rather than with 1.4
1.2 requires two files MSVCP120.dll and MSVCR120.dll and 1.4 requires 13 files that I don't think they will work correctly by just coping them to the pcsx2 directory
they might.. windows will check local directory before the others.. you may have to register them, but thats a simple command that is usually locked down by any semi competent admin...

search path for windows when a file is called without a full path is ./ then the statements in the path variable. IF UNC's haven't been hardened, then supposedly windows will search at spaces too..

so c:\Program Files\ gets looked at c:\Programs (searched first) and c:\Program Files .. was a big todo about hardening UNC's in the path statement a few years ago...
Thanks a lot Smile

I will try to make it work on monday. I'll keep you posted.
I assume I have to include the win7 x86 files eventhough it's win7 x64 that runs on the computer?
since pcsx2 is an x86 app, yes.
Thanks a lot vsub (+rep) Smile
I tried with PCSX2 1.2.1 and the two dll files mentionned, and it works Laugh

But...
I now have an other issue similar to this thread :http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Problem-w...windows-10
I assume that putting the directX dll files in the folder on the USB stick will not solve the problem ? Obviously, I cannot intall this Sad

I also noticed that I can't choose ZeroGS as plugin. Any idea why?

Thanks in advance
(Sorry for my English, don't hesitate to correct me Smile )
Update :

I tried to include some DirectX dll files in the PCSX2 folder and...

IT WORKS Smile
So here are the files I added :
D3DX9_43.dll
D3DCompiler_43.dll
d3dcsx_42.dll (optional I guess, I'll look into that later)
X3DAudio1_7.dll
xactengine3_7.dll (optional?)
XAPOFX1_5.dll
xaudio2_7.dll (optional for my setup, XAudio doesn't work (not installed), but directsound is fine)
xinput1_3.dll

[Image: 1473242380-pcsx2-portable-folder.png]

So in the end, it is possible to have a full standalone PCSX2 portable version Laugh

Thanks again vsub, [b]scythefwd[/b] and jesalvein for your precious help !

For the XAudio issue, here is the screenshot :

[Image: 1473242350-xaudio.png]

Any idea to fix that?

And now, ZeroGS appears in the plugin list, so I guess the issue was related to the missing DirectX files Unsure