..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Black Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently downloaded pcsx2 v1.4.0 but whenever I tried to run a game I always got this error "Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library. Run time errror! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way." and I start to think that my laptop can't cope with this version so I downloaded the older one the pcsx2 v0.9.8 which luckily actually worked  Tongue but when I am trying to open the game "Legend of Spyro - The Eternal Night" I only get sound and a pitch black screen. Is there anything I can do with the new or the old version or should I just give up already? Unsure
did you install vc++ 2015 x86 ?
if you didn't install it yet, here is the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145

the x86 version is whats needed..
(03-31-2017, 07:14 AM)someother1ne Wrote: [ -> ]if you didn't install it yet, here is the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145

the x86 version is whats needed..

Will this work on x64 bit system?
of course.
it's not system dependant, but application dependant.

As long as the application that needs it is an x86 one, it'll call the x86 dlls
Same goes for x64 apps/x64dlls
(03-31-2017, 10:26 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]of course.
it's not system dependant, but application dependant.

As long as the application that needs it is an x86 one, it'll call the x86 dlls
Same goes for x64 apps/x64dlls

Well I downloaded and installed it but sadly it gives me the same error..
what is the exact error? what version of windows are you running also?
(03-31-2017, 12:49 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]what is the exact error? what version of windows are you running also?

Τhis is the error "Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library. Run time errror! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way." and also my laptop run windows 8.1
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
(04-01-2017, 10:25 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
Pages: 1 2