1.7 Nightly vs 1.6 OpenGL render for Metal Gear Solid 2
Hi! I hope this is the correct place to post this, if not please let me know and I can move the post. That said, I am seeing some obvious differences when using OpenGL between 1.6 Stable and 1.7 Nightly. The most obvious is in Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance.
Here is what I am talking about:

Edit: Since I can't post the full sized image, just right click -> open in new tab, and you can see the full image size.

[Image: yBegHnf.png]

If you look at the edges and specifically the radar, you can see the differences. Personally I think the OpenGL (Hardware) looks crisper, and better, but I can't seem to get the same effect in 1.7 on OpenGL.

Both are using:
  • OpenGL
  • Internal resolution 3x (1080p)
  • x16 anisotropic filtering
  • Bilinear PS2
  • Widescreen patch
  • 16:9

So I made sure to go over and as best I can make sure those graphic settings all match. But no matter what I've tried 1.7 Nightly seems to just want to do what 1.6 does when set to Software mode. Are there still things missing from 1.7, or did I miss something?

Thank you!

Sponsored links

Set rendering to Auto. DirectX and Vulkan are way better supported than OpenGL in 1.7.
Hey thanks for the reply! So I tried as you suggested and there was no real change. I'm guessing the API's haven't been implemented fully/the same as they were in 1.6. I'll have to keep poking around until I find something that looks comparable.
looks more accurate on 1.7 to me ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well after playing around with some settings at 4k internal, I was able to get nice crisp, sharp geometry. So I'm happy with the results for now, and being Nightly I can use the triggers as the pressure sensitivity replacement for square on my PS5 DualSense.