A Fix for Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
(08-30-2015, 08:34 AM)WillScryBlueGuy Wrote: . I made a cheats folder in pcsx2 and added the file to it

I don't know where this came from but somehow you are now one of a few users that recently did the same. There is no need to create a cheats folder. The cheats folder already exists. If you need to create it you are looking in the wrong parent folder.

The cheats folder is either in documents\pcsx2 or in the program for where you find pcsx2.exe.
If that still doesn't help look for the ini folder and open pcsx2_ui.ini . in this file you will find the absolute path to the cheats folder.

Sponsored links

(08-30-2015, 10:39 AM)willkuer Wrote: I don't know where this came from but somehow you are now one of a few users that recently did the same. There is no need to create a cheats folder. The cheats folder already exists. If you need to create it you are looking in the wrong parent folder.

The cheats folder is either in documents\pcsx2 or in the program for where you find pcsx2.exe.
If that still doesn't help look for the ini folder and open pcsx2_ui.ini . in this file you will find the absolute path to the cheats folder.

Some posts on this site and others said if there was no cheats folder then just make one. As it turns out, I somehow ended up with two different files for pcsx2. For the other person looking for help, try right-clicking the .exe, going to properties and opening the file location. That ended up getting me to the correct folder, so thank you for that. However, it is now recognizing the cheat file but not actually loading the cheat for some reason.
Please post the emulog after you observed the problem and attach the pnach file
(08-29-2015, 10:51 PM)willkuer Wrote: Do you know how to turn on a PC?

Where should we start our step by step guide if we neither know your problem nor which of these suggestions you did not understand?

no ofc not
im just new o all this pcsx2 so i dont know where to put the code and i think i all ready created a panch file. i dont know where to put it or how to load it Laugh
There is somewhere a cheats folder. Have a look into the posts between your two posts to find it.
Put the pnach into the folder.
In pcsx2 top menu entry 'system' activate cheats.
Run the game.

If that doesn't work attach your pnach file and the emulog after you loaded the game.
(08-30-2015, 01:56 PM)willkuer Wrote: There is somewhere a cheats folder. Have a look into the posts between your two posts to find it.
Put the pnach into the folder.
In pcsx2 top menu entry 'system' activate cheats.
Run the game.

If that doesn't work attach your pnach file and the emulog after you loaded the game.

thx i found out the problem i dindt use the panch file right so i downloaded pscx2ce to create a panch file Tongue
(08-30-2015, 12:53 PM)WillScryBlueGuy Wrote: Some posts on this site and others said if there was no cheats folder then just make one. As it turns out, I somehow ended up with two different files for pcsx2. For the other person looking for help, try right-clicking the .exe, going to properties and opening the file location. That ended up getting me to the correct folder, so thank you for that. However, it is now recognizing the cheat file but not actually loading the cheat for some reason.

hey this is how i got it to work Tongue
download PCSX2CE and create a panch file (with a txt doc)  with only one of the codes
and drop it in the cheat folder (where ever you now put youre PCSX2 folder)
remember you need java for it to run ^^
NTSC: patch=1,EE,001e71dc,word,24020001

PAL:  patch=1,EE,001E763C,word,24020001
Delete
(08-31-2015, 05:02 AM)WillScryBlueGuy Wrote: I attached the log here, I'll make a quote below that contains the section where I attempted to load the game.

I just read your log.
Have a warning for piracy
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
now I would like to thanks because it is really working.

You know I'm not expert, hacker or programmer. I'm just a user who wanted to play games he used to play as a kid and that had huge impact on his childhood (in this case Spyro specifically, no matter if original series or trilogy.)

Believe me I used every damn option in this emu and tried everything I knew for hours, fixes, setting that worked for other games, internet, videos, updating drivers, even such basic things like compatibility or administrator rights... but with no result

I admit I was tempted to leave several times, when I browsed here, because ideas were present, but for me, without further knowledge not understandable.
So thanks to several people here, who in different threads helped me find out what to do

and keep up a good work

Daralyn