A few questions about the new Qt interface
There is one more question I have - in Grid mode (custom covers visible) how do I change the games' display name? Additionally, some of my games seem to share the same cover because they display with the same name. How do I prevent this?

Sponsored links

Brick 
(05-28-2022, 09:42 AM)goody_fyre11 Wrote: There is one more question I have - in Grid mode (custom covers visible) how do I change the games' display name?  Additionally, some of my games seem to share the same cover because they display with the same name.  How do I prevent this?

I use this workaround:

I changed the title at the ISO and the cover title on the files themselves and then i deleted the file „gameindex.yaml“ in the folder „recources“. Then i clicked on the „Rescan All Games“ button in the emulator - done. By the way, this also works with the DuckStation emulator.
Note: If there is a new update and you install this update, the file „gameindex.yaml“ will be recreated and you will have to delete that file again if you want to have your own titles shown in the emulator.

But maybe there will be a way in near future to change the titles in the emulator without this workaround, because everything is still in metamorphosis. Laugh
The emulator will look for covers in this order

1. Serial name (like SLUS-12345)
2. ISO name
3. Game name

so if you need different covers for different regions/mods, you can use serial or the ISO name for your picture to get it more specific. There's no need to edit the gamedb.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-28-2022, 07:31 AM)goody_fyre11 Wrote: I found the problem - it was with the patches.  All the Sly games' no-interlacing patches had two lines, only one of which actually did anything deleting the second line on each fixes them.  Apparently recent builds started acknowledging that second line.

Do you know all the CRC's for those patches? because they will need to be fixed.

There were only two, one for Sly 2 NTSC and another for Sly 3 NTSC. Just remove the second line and it'll work.

"so if you need different covers for different regions/mods, you can use serial or the ISO name for your picture to get it more specific. There's no need to edit the gamedb."

I don't see the option to do this. If I set a cover for retail Sly 2 for example, it automatically applies that cover to all titles with the same internal name. I've looked everywhere and it seems forced.
just name it the same as the iso (minus the extension) and put it in the covers folder.

(05-28-2022, 12:21 PM)Khi Wrote: I use this workaround:

....i deleted the file „gameindex.yaml“ in the folder „recources“.....If there is a new update and you install this update, the file „gameindex.yaml“ will be recreated and you will have to delete that file again....

Deleting the gameindex.yaml is a really bad idea because, as I understand, it's what PCSX2 uses to determine which automatic games fixes to use for individual games. (Open it with notepad to see how it's setup; it's fairly straightforward).

So, if you delete it, you'll break the automatic game fixes function and you'll run into more glitches in more games in the long run as no games will actually have any automatic fixes applied without that file....

(Correct me if I'm wrong here Refraction. This is my understanding....)
You are correct, the gamedb provides the names/information for the game list along with automatic fixes games need to work.

Haha, yeah I was 99.99% sure. I've opened that file quite a bit while messing with problematic games, to see which fixes where already set so I could check HW Hacks, apply the correct automatic fixes, then try additional hacks to see if they helped also...
"just name it the same as the iso (minus the extension) and put it in the covers folder. "

Is it possible to change the title that's displayed though? Look at my games list, I have 4 Sly 1's, 3 Sly 2's, etc and they all have the same display name:

https://imgur.com/a/52x8kcW

It would be nice if we could edit the title under the cover.