Before I get a new graphics card...
The 750ti is the most powerfull by far.
The 560/560ti is very cheap in second hand, its perfect to play on pcsx2 without pushing the res too much.
AMD is better and cheaper if you want a 750ti, its a Maxwell (the last generation of nvidia gpus), so its a very power-efficient card, very quiet because not very hot, but a little bit more expensive than amd.

If you stay on your c2d (that you must overclock if you can), I think you can go with something cheap like a 50$ 460/560/560ti because your cpu will be the bottleneck.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert

Sponsored links

as other people have said tc you really need a whole new machine. get at least an i3 or i5 for processor (really recommend i5) I would say get a gtx 960 at least. I got the 750ti when i was at a loss and I regret that buy. for $50 more the gtx 960 is just way better. get 8gb of ram ddr3.

those three will be great. or if anything you don't want to build a pc then I recommend this pc http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis...isNodeId=1

just look at the top 2. for 700 you will have a good rig. this is purely for if you don't want to build one. if you do go the building route then i5 processor, gtx 960, 8gb of ddr3 or go with ddr4 ram. then choose a mother board that can accommodate the i5 processor you choose. it will make your life easier if you choose one with your nic and wifi integrated as well as having a Bluetooth integration. then buy a psu with at least 430 watts. an ssd hdd will help boot up your pc faster but having win8.1 has a fast boot up sequence already but combining it with an ssd is stupid fast. but ssd's cost a lot more then regular hdd. then buy any type of disc drive you want whether its a dvd burner (which are beyond cheap) or a slightly more expensive Blu-ray burner. Blu-ray burners are also dvd burners. then buy a case and a cooling system for the cpu. its been a long time since I bought a cpu and I can't remember for the life of me if they come with heat sinks and fans already installed. if not you need to choose a heat sink and fan and thermal paste. I really recommend win8.1. its bit of a learning curve but once you get used to it theres no turning back. to me win8.1 is better then win7.

if what ever I am typing sounds like a foreign language just buy one of the 2 in the link I provided (only the top two the rest are crap they have crap gpus).
(03-25-2015, 11:38 PM)Coma Wrote: The 750ti is the most powerfull by far.
The 560/560ti is very cheap in second hand, its perfect to play on pcsx2 without pushing the res too much.
AMD is better and cheaper if you want a 750ti, its a Maxwell (the last generation of nvidia gpus), so its a very power-efficient card, very quiet because not very hot, but a little bit more expensive than amd.

If you stay on your c2d (that you must overclock if you can), I think you can go with something cheap like a 50$ 460/560/560ti because your cpu will be the bottleneck.

a 750ti is only $150. and the gtx 960 which out preforms the 750ti is only $50 more. if you have the choice go for the gtx 960. I regret buying the gtx 750ti. having it oc to 1400 MHz im still getting issues in frame rates in some game. my 750ti is having fps issues with tales of the abyss. quite frankly its all over the play. going into battles frame drops, running around on world map frame skips, and this happens on native res, 2x, 3x, 4x, and 5x. all around i'm not to happy with it. but seeing how I don't have money to afford a better card im stuck with it for now.
I don' recommand the gtx960, very poor card for the price, only 2gb vram (amd have 3gb for the same price)... a r9 280/280x will do better.
DDR4 is useless like the DDR4 sockets, 4gb is enough for pcsx2.
And ok, I didnt knew it was difficult to play to all pcsx2 games with a 750ti, I thought it was fine, but the maxwells are not so powerfull for their prices anyway (except the 970 thats "fine"), so i'm not surprised.
I allready played with a r9 280x (the time it was a 7970ghz), it was perfect when you don't push the res too far, so I think its a way better choice than a gtx960.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
(03-26-2015, 02:33 AM)Coma Wrote: I don' recommand the gtx960, very poor card for the price... a r9 280/280x will do better.
DDR4 is useless, like 8gb, 4gb is enough for pcsx2.
And ok, I didnt knew it was difficult to play to all pcsx2 games with a 750ti, I thought it was fine, but the maxwells are not so powerfull for their prices anyway (except the 970 thats "fine"), so i'm not surprised.
I allready played with a r9 280x (the time it was a 7970ghz), it was perfect, so I think its a way better choise than a gtx960.

hes buying a new pc. I am assuming hes going to be replacing his old one. if hes going to do that then I am not giving him a pc that will just play pcsx2. i'm listing him a computer that will do more then just pcsx2.

and the gtx 960 is not poor. http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php...gb-edition

it is $200 and it is much better then the 750ti. well the r9 280 is better and the same price as gtx 960 but personally I prefer nvidias products over amd. i had too many issues with amd products. I am an intel and NVidia man.

the 750ti is not bad it will certainly play games at 3x and 4x but will performance will vary big time from game to game. but for me this is still better then the pos gt 720 I had before. now that card was a pos.
Game debate worth nothing, this site should be deleted, these numbers are 100% useless, I assure you, the gtx960 suck and should be sold cheaper.
Some people care about brand fanboyism, I don't care at all, you have arguments or you havent. You want gsync mfaa hbao+ or a quiet high end card you take nvidia that fine, but if you want price/perf on the price range the amd are better. If you want to know why : the 750ti/960 are from a new architecture, the 280/280x are some almost 4 years old rebranded cards.
(03-26-2015, 02:48 AM)Coma Wrote: Game debate worth nothing, these numbers are 100% useless, I assure you, the gtx960 suck.
Some people care about brand fanboyism, I don't care at all, you have arguments or you havent.

what? sorry but what? it compares cards. it gives you the full breakdown of a card and what it can do. those numbers are very important. the gtx 960 is a better card then the gtx 750ti. the gtx 960 is not better then the r9 280. gme debate shows this and supports your argument but it is still not a crap card.

for me I don't consider amd and radeon products. its not fanboyism. I had to many problems with their products in the past that they lost my consumer confidence. I never had issues with intel nor NVidia. and going through NVidia's products is a hell of a lot easier determining which is better then going through radeons. every time I tried radeons hardware I get headaches.
It doesnt compare anything because you cant compare apple and oranges, this site is an unworked mediocre obscurantist site and should be deleted, sadly it isnt. For the price of the 960 you got an r9 285, for just a bit more you got the 280x, end of the game.
The only thing that save the 960 is the power-efficiency (we dont care), and all the nvidia features that we dont care for pcsx2.

edit : I dont say its a BAD card, I say there is better at the same price, that the way the 960 suck. (and 2gb.. in 2015...when amd gives 3gb... when 4gb is reached easily on some big games.... dunno...).
what? excuse me the only thing that site does not take into account is the instruction set. which is at the top of the page. but if your telling me that:

GPU Memory
Memory
2048 MB vs 3072 MB

Memory Speed
1753 MHz vs 1250 MHz

Memory Bus
128 Bit vs 384 Bit

Memory Type
GDDR5 vs GDDR5

Memory Bandwidth
112.2GB/sec vs 240GB/sec

L2 Cache
1024 KB green tick vs 768 KB

and this:

GPU Display

Shader Processing Units
1024 vs 1792

Actual Shader Performance
1628 vs 1421

Technology
28nm vs 28nm

Texture Mapping Units
64 vs 112

Texture Rate
72.1 GTexel/s vs 92.6 GTexel/s

Render Output Units
32 vs 32

Pixel Rate
36.1 GPixel/s vs 26.5 GPixel/s

can't be compared theres something wrong with you man. you can so rate and compare all of that. cause all gpu's have those aspects. one doesn't use something completely different. unless your talking about cuda cores but amd has their own equivalent. and as long as they produce these number they are important. this is how games are ran on all bench marks. theres more to a bench mark the fps. its basing and games running are based off of those specs I listed. they can be compared. those are not apples and oranges. those are apples and apples. and if you stick with the same manufacturer then its even more accurate.
I think you know nothing about pc hardware, and you should trust me. I won't flood the topic more, find yourself a good hardware forum : )