Best Pc requirements for this emulator
ok, many thanks.

So with motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING I can easily overclock the cpu (both i7 9700KF or Ryzen 3770X), very good!
OK for cpu cooler and case fan. I dind't know i need the thermal compound

So, just to finish my config:
- hard disk: i could buy a 250GB (or 500GB) SDD for the O.S. like a Samsung 860 EVO and a 2TB hybrid HDD/SDD for data (emulators, games and all my data in general) like the Seagate ST2000LX001 HDD FireCuda (i have it on my ps4 Pro and it works really well)
- RAM: 2x8GB (or 1x16GB) DDR5 2666 Mhz. I still not know which ram in particular Smile

that's all I think Smile

Sponsored links

For RAM 2 sticks is always better then one (well except in some very rare low end CPUs that do not support dual channel RAM).
Storage: Hybrid HDD/SSDs are fine for mass storage on any computer you are not going to move around a lot. Avoid like the plague on laptops. Even when completely off movement can damage data on HDD. Or never store anything you can not easily replace if it gets messed up (game installs are a wonderful use, personal photos and important files that have no backup... not so much).

The thermal compound that comes with even really nice coolers\water blocks is generally ok, but not the best. Thermal Grizzly Kyronaut is some of the best out there and for how little you actually need at any given time it is well worth the price.

CPU Cooler. Air cooling is fine at stock speeds, but you are just about pushing the edge of the NH-L12S TDP recommendations. So if you want overclocking headroom you might need to look at water cooling with an AIO. Luckily prices for water cooling have come down EVGA CLC 280 is a little loud but if you can fit a 280mm AIO in the case it will do the job for around $20 more then the Air Cooler.
well, thanks.
just to know about cpu overclock:

- i7 9700KF: clock speed 3.6Ghz, 4.6 Ghz in turboboost. If i don't want to overclock it, probably i don't need the cpu cooler, am I right? But if I add a NH-L12S TDP I can OC it for example until 3.8Ghz stock speed (and I don't know wich is the turbo boost in OC mode)? I don't want/need to OC it at its maximum, so i don't want a water cooling.
- Ryzen 3700X: clock speed 3.6Ghz, 4.3 Ghz in turboboost. As above, if I don't want to OC it, I don't need the air cooler..? And if I add a NH-L12S TDP I can oc it until 3.8 Ghx stock speed?

And I'm looking for a totally modular PSU, a 80+ Gold 550W. For example a SilentStorm Cool Zero 650W or 550W Enermax Revolution

thanks!
If you're getting the gtx 1660 ti and overclocking your pc, you need min 650w psu and above.
(11-15-2019, 01:28 AM)legolas119 Wrote: So with motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING I can easily overclock the cpu (both i7 9700KF or Ryzen 3770X), very good!

No you can't overclock Ryzen on this motherboard. AMD and Intel processors have different sockets. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING I - it's motherboard for Intel CPU. If you choose a Ryzen 3770X, then you should use a clone of this motherboard (if compare the performance characteristics) with the socket for AMD CPU - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING.

(11-15-2019, 01:51 AM)TkSilver Wrote: CPU Cooler.  Air cooling is fine at stock speeds, but you are just about pushing the edge of the NH-L12S TDP recommendations.  So if you want overclocking headroom you might need to look at water cooling with an AIO.  Luckily prices for water cooling have come down EVGA CLC 280 is a little loud but if you can fit a 280mm AIO in the case it will do the job for around $20 more then the Air Cooler.

Maybe. I never worked with water cooling - as I preferred giant cases where is possible to install a wind tunnel (and I did it).

But exactly EVGA CLC 280 will not fit in this case, because there is room for only 120 mm fans. When fans of EVGA CLC 280 are 140 mm.

So, I again offer to legolas119 one of the two already proposed case fans (Enermax D.F. Storm 12cm or Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM). And I replace the CPU cooling on Thermalright AXP-100H Muscle.

(11-15-2019, 02:14 AM)legolas119 Wrote: - i7 9700KF: clock speed 3.6Ghz, 4.6 Ghz in turboboost. If i don't want to overclock it, probably i don't need the cpu cooler, am I right?

Now is not the 80s. Today, any processor (does not matter with overclock or not) must have a cooler. Otherwise, it will reach the maximum operating temperature in half a minute and burn.

(11-15-2019, 02:14 AM)legolas119 Wrote: But if I add a NH-L12S TDP I can OC it for example until 3.8Ghz stock speed (and I don't know wich is the turbo boost in OC mode)?  I don't want/need to OC it at its maximum, so i don't want a water cooling.
- Ryzen 3700X: clock speed 3.6Ghz, 4.3 Ghz in turboboost. As above, if I don't want to OC it, I don't need the air cooler..? And if I add a NH-L12S TDP I can oc it until 3.8 Ghx stock speed?

You need in cooler in any way, as I said. And if you will use quality thermal compound, you can add 200-400 MHz.

And your case is too small to overclock CPUs to the maximum. It is physically impossible to install powerful cooling in a compact one.

(11-15-2019, 02:14 AM)legolas119 Wrote: And I'm looking for a totally modular PSU, a 80+ Gold 550W. For example a SilentStorm Cool Zero 650W or 550W Enermax Revolution

Sea Sonic Electronics FOCUS SGX 650W, I think.

(11-15-2019, 01:28 AM)legolas119 Wrote: - RAM: 2x8GB (or 1x16GB) DDR5 2666 Mhz. I still not know which ram in particular

HyperX HX426C16FB2K2/16 (set with two boards with 8 GB).
Perfect many thanks for all your informations! So for CPU Coolet it is better Thermalright AXP-100H Muscle than Noctua NH-L12S.

Yes for sure i'm not interested to overclock (or hightly overclock the cpu if i buy this mini-case). If the Cpu (i7 or Ryzen 3700X) are able to run all emulators with good berformance without any overclock (or only with a little oc, for example 100-200Mhz), it is enough for me, sure.

For GPU i think i could buy RTX 2060 or 2060 Super. I'm not totally sure that they are suitable on my case...it seems so..

Final config could be:

CASE: Silverstone SST-RVZ03
CPU: i7 9700KF or Ryzen 3700X
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING or ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-I GAMING
GPU: RTX 2060 or 2060 Super
RAM: HyperX HX426C16FB2K2/16
PSU: SEASONIC FOCUS SGX 80 PLUS GOLD SGX 650W
CPU COOLER: Thermalright AXP-100H Muscle
CASE FAN: Enermax D.F. Storm 12cm
THERMAL COMPOUND: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
HDD: Seagate ST2000LX001 HDD Interno FireCuda, 2 TB
SDD: Samsung Memorie MZ-76E500 860 EVO SSD

For a notebook, this could replace a desktop: https://www.raiontech.com/prodotto/raion...nbook-dx2/
with an i5 9600K, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM 2666 CL15, SSHD Firecuda 2TB, SSD Samsung 860 EVO.  It is like a desktop i think, but it costs  700/800 euro more than the desktop configuration above...
(11-16-2019, 04:09 PM)legolas119 Wrote: For a notebook, this could replace a desktop: https://www.raiontech.com/prodotto/raion...nbook-dx2/
with an i5 9600K, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM 2666 CL15, SSHD Firecuda 2TB, SSD Samsung 860 EVO.  It is like a desktop i think, but it costs  700/800 euro more than the desktop configuration above...

Laptops are much more difficult to maintain and repair, even than compact desktops. You need to be a really mobile person (or for another other very serious reason) in order to purchase a gaming laptop instead of a desktop. In addition, if the laptop that you showed really has true desktop hardware (which is unlikely), then in such portable case it will heat up like hell. Of course, you can try to improve its cooling by replacing thermal compound and cooler(s), but there is no guarantee that the laptop will stop buzzing like a helicopter under heavy load.

Also, hard drives, especially large ones, are not very fond of when they are often transferred from place to place NOT in a soft inside and shockproof case. That's why the laptop should only have undemanding SSD, inside which there is no sensitive mechanics.

(11-16-2019, 04:09 PM)legolas119 Wrote: For GPU i think i could buy RTX 2060 or 2060 Super. I'm not totally sure that they are suitable on my case...it seems so..

If look at the physical parameters of the case - you can install something that - https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForc...cification . Or even that - https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/G...-8GC/sp#sp (well, about that I'm not completely sure).

Just remember what you must find only two-slots GPU, not a typical for modern gaming three-slots GPU (please do not confuse the number of slots with the number of fans - these are completely different things).
ok, thank you.

In the spec sheet of the case supplier, it says that it supports GPU until 330mm. So i suppose both 2060 Super models are supported.
It recommend a modular PSU and with a maximum width of 140mm: the Sea Sonic Electronics FOCUS SGX 650W is ok, Dimensions: 125 mm (L) x 125 mm (W) x 63.5 mm (H).

Well...i hope that every component in the list above can be installed in that case...Smile
This is another option, cheaper but probably it is enough to run very well the emualtors:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
MOTHERBOARD: Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac
GPU: AMD RX 5700 XT
RAM: predator 3200MHz cl16
PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Atx 650W

Do you think that if i use PCSX2 on a 4k tv i can have a good graphic even if i use the emulator not in 4k resolution? Currently I use it on a monitor full hd and it is really good! If I need to run the emulator in 4k, is it enough the cpu/gpu that i linked above?
(11-17-2019, 07:00 PM)legolas119 Wrote: This is another option, cheaper but probably it is enough to run very well the emualtors:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
MOTHERBOARD: Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac
GPU: AMD RX 5700 XT
RAM: predator 3200MHz cl16
PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Atx 650W

This is enough for emulators of the sixth and lower generation consoles (PCSX2 in particular). If you plan to emulate the seventh and higher generations later, take an eight-core processor with the same frequencies.

(11-17-2019, 07:00 PM)legolas119 Wrote: Do you think that if i use PCSX2 on a 4k tv i can have a good graphic even if i use the emulator not in 4k resolution? Currently I use it on a monitor full hd and it is really good! If I need to run the emulator in 4k, is it enough the cpu/gpu that i linked above?

Above configuration include good GPU, so you can run games in 4K. But just in case - turn it off "Texture Filtering of Display" in Config -> Video (GS) -> Plugin Settings... -> Shader Configuration.