Big Grandia 3 speed regression in SVN 831
I wouldn't expect anything even remote to "speed" at 2.4 ghz xD.

50% would be FAST at that frequency.
(03-23-2009, 06:41 PM)nintendo85 Wrote:
(03-23-2009, 06:30 PM)ca36gtp Wrote: No, PCSX2 basically sees your CPU as a 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo.

To gain performance, you'd be looking at getting an E8400 Core 2 Duo, which easily OC's to way beyond 3GHz.

EDIT: I just thought, have you rebooted at all? I don't know the details about how PCSX2 works, but perhaps something in cache is interfering with its operation?

No, I haven't rebooted it so far, but as far as core 2 duos go, should I go for the 8400 (it's already clocked at 3.0GHz)? I don't like the idea of overclocking since it risks frying the CPU and will void the warranty. And right now, I don't want to pay for two CPUs. When it comes to comparing Quad Core at 2.40GHz vs Dual Core at 3.00GHz how much of a performance increase are we talking about?

Oh boy, you can SAFELY OC e8400 to 3.8ghz on air with stock heatsink, likely without even changing stock voltages, or even gaining any raise in temperatures. Performance gain would be about 168% or so. Worth it? Up to you. I've been running e8400 at 4.05 ghz for months now with arctic freezer 7 heatsink at 1.317 vcore temp. Idles at 32, loads at 56 c tops.

Sponsored links

On some systems, for some reason, using "Read Input in GS Thread" in LilyPad can cause slowdowns. I have no idea why, makes no difference for me, but could you tell me if toggling that option affects your framerate?
who can tell me what config or version use in this game i have

e7300 oc 3.0 ghz
ati 4670
2 gb ram
widows vista sp1

but the game go slow with 25 fps in batle

nintendo85 what speedhack. videoplugin, cpuconfig , & version use to get 60 fps pliszSad
(03-25-2009, 05:36 AM)ChickenLiver Wrote: On some systems, for some reason, using "Read Input in GS Thread" in LilyPad can cause slowdowns. I have no idea why, makes no difference for me, but could you tell me if toggling that option affects your framerate?

I toggled it on and I really don't see any difference in speed. Now that I have an E8400, this game (among others) runs much, much smoother now.