Black flickering problem in FFX GSdx 0.1.16
I dont have a lot of ps2 games but ff12 has the same problem.

-e- I use disk images cuz it supposed to be faster, I'll try with the dvd just in case.

Sponsored links

(10-02-2012, 01:55 PM)kastrul Wrote: I dont have a lot of ps2 games but ff12 has the same problem.

hmm ff12 should work properly...

so i asume you tried the settings (i updated my post a short while ago) i asked you to try out?
Yes I have tried without HW hacks but didnt help. For some reason my DVD drive doesnt recognize ps2 dvd's... I made the images on my other pc.
(10-02-2012, 02:16 PM)kastrul Wrote: Yes I have tried without HW hacks but didnt help. For some reason my DVD drive doesnt recognize ps2 dvd's... I made the images on my other pc.

re-rip the game this could be your problem (not sure if it is related but you never know)

also use dvd gigahertz, i never had problems with this plug-in so its a safe bet

use imgburn to rip your games and try again. (.iso format)
Im pretty sure re-riping wouldnt help because:
(08-16-2012, 03:01 AM)kastrul Wrote: I got some new info that may help you guys understand whats the problem. So I downloaded the latest gsdx from the svn(r5379) and everything was working fine, I dont know if it was thanks to the new gsdx actually cuz I didnt try the old ones after that to see if they now work too. But then my notebook just did a restart while playing(because of win update I think, although it should have asked first) and after that the blinking was back again...
And it works on the older GSdx. Plus as I said my notebooks drive doesnt recognize the ps2 dvd's(I have no idea why, other cd's work just fine) and I dont have my old pc anymore.
(10-02-2012, 02:26 PM)kastrul Wrote: Im pretty sure re-riping wouldnt help because:
And it works on the older GSdx. Plus as I said my notebooks drive doesnt recognize the ps2 dvd's(I have no idea why, other cd's work just fine) and I dont have my old pc anymore.

must have read over that somehow, sorry.

erhm...hmm, il edit this post when i have a clue xD
i apologies for my bad english

got the same problem and basically tried everything i found in the forum to fix it. vsync aero aa..

0.1.14 -> no flicker
0.1.16 -> black flicker every 10seconds

it happens in every game and in the bios too

tried to capture it with fraps.. but in the captured video is no flicker
used standard settings for pcsx but tried every button to fix it. it happens with softwarerenderer too

the emulator works great and i got no problems beside the flickering

are there any new ideas or maybe it is a problem with windows/driver/something (?)

tried pcsx1.0 and r5426 - r5434

system:
intel [email protected]
amd 7850
8gb ram
windows7 64bit

all drivers are up to date

edit: so yeah.. im so stupid, isnt funny anymore.
"run as administrator" fixed the issue now.. dont know if it is the solution for this problem. but for now its ok :]

edit2: removed the gdsx.ini garbage i posted
copy this to gsdx.ini

ALL INIs found in C:\Users\-YOURNAME-\Documents\PCSX2
note: if you see "configuration settings" that is the same as ".ini"
Code:
[Settings]
ShadeBoost_Contrast=50
ShadeBoost_Brightness=50
ShadeBoost_Saturation=50
UserHacks_MSAA=0
UserHacks_AlphaHack=0
UserHacks_HalfPixelOffset=0
UserHacks_SpriteHack=0
UserHacks_SkipDraw=0
UserHacks_WildHack=0
UserHacks_AggressiveCRC=0
ModeWidth=0
ModeHeight=0
ModeRefreshRate=0
Renderer=3
Interlace=0
AspectRatio=0
upscale_multiplier=3
windowed=1
filter=2
paltex=1
vsync=0
logz=1
fba=1
aa1=0
nativeres=1
resx=384
resy=384
extrathreads=0
ShadeBoost=1
UserHacks=0
did u try running the game in software mode by pressing F9? the flickering is happening in hardware mode so hopefully it will go away in software mode
yep... humhum said it.
Apparently Google has made me lazy - searching for solutions before thinking to myself first.

Running as admin solved the black frame flickering. Everything's running smoothly now. I'm guessing that 1.16 added something that need admin privileges to run properly. Anyways, just made this account to post my thanks for reminding me of the obvious. xD