Bluescreen of Death at random
Wow that was a long diagnostic time, a whole year! lol, at least you got to the bottom of it Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(03-25-2016, 02:46 PM)refraction Wrote: Wow that was a long diagnostic time, a whole year! lol, at least you got to the bottom of it Smile

Not over yet, but yeah, took a while.
I think this is going to be my last post here, barring some new info that I doubt will show up.

I did test the emulator again a week after my last post, and the problem remained. I may have just been too frustrated and forgot, but I should have come by here to let you all know, considering how helpful you've been. Sorry about that. Anyway, since then my computer's been having strange driver issues and random shutdowns (no bluescreen, no difficulty running or any kind of warning, just sudden abrupt shutdown) and it was looking like it was just going to get worse. So I nuked the damn thing back to factory settings. Everything's slick and new and perfect, it would seem.

Nope. PCSX2 still bluescreens me. Pretty much accepting the fact this program is off limits to me until some arbitrary hardware upgrade years down the line. Thanks for the help guys, but this is a lost cause.
I know this is late to the game.. but something to consider next time this happens is using driver verifier. That said, I'd have one of your more techie friends over when you do it.. it can very much cause problems... You need to know how to create a restore point as well as boot into it before you attempt this, but it will stress your drivers to the point of blue screen if there is any problems.

http://www.reviversoft.com/blog/2013/09/...-of-death/
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(08-19-2016, 02:28 PM)SabbyNeko Wrote: I think this is going to be my last post here, barring some new info that I doubt will show up.

I did test the emulator again a week after my last post, and the problem remained. I may have just been too frustrated and forgot, but I should have come by here to let you all know, considering how helpful you've been. Sorry about that. Anyway, since then my computer's been having strange driver issues and random shutdowns (no bluescreen, no difficulty running or any kind of warning, just sudden abrupt shutdown) and it was looking like it was just going to get worse. So I nuked the damn thing back to factory settings. Everything's slick and new and perfect, it would seem.

Nope. PCSX2 still bluescreens me. Pretty much accepting the fact this program is off limits to me until some arbitrary hardware upgrade years down the line. Thanks for the help guys, but this is a lost cause.

What do you mean by "factory settings" ?
Did you use some "HP self restore crapware" instead of a clean format/reinstall ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Windows 7 install disc. Wiped the whole hard drive and installed the OS. It's verified and newest drivers all installed manually.
Another development. PC at the techies again, bios corrupted (again). Yeah, even the back up (again). Bios was out of date, it seems. They flashed the bios to a recent one. I can pick it up when I get home in 2 weeks.

If that don't work, new motherboard is where it goes, and my ram and cpu will also need to be updated, since my current ones won't work with a newer board.

So, I have some saving to do. It's cool though, these were inevitable upgrades. Will let ya know if the new bios fixes emulator or if the new hardware does it. Or if it's still *****. Wouldn't be surprised.
Fingers crossed, this has been quite eventful lol
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-05-2017, 01:53 PM)refraction Wrote: Fingers crossed, this has been quite eventful lol

I know, right? What's it been, 2 years? I just want to play Robot Alchemic Drive.
Aaaand Blackscreen. Had a stack of papers next to my keyboard all ready to toss into the air, just so if it failed again I could get something at the end of all of this. Will come back in a year when I've changed hardware. What do ya want to bet it still Black/Bluescreens?