[Bug Report] Namco x Capcom [JAP]
Pcsx2 versions: 0.9.6
Cpu: EEREC, VU0rec, VU1rec, MTGS all on
Plugins: GSdx 789 0.1.14 SSE41.
Description: Intro movie slow does for no reason, my cpu stays at 10%, but it actually plays it, and it's faster in 2x or 3x speed hack.

The real problem is in the tutorial menu, when you access it and start watching the tutorials movies, the game slow down with the cpu staying at 0% and you can't do anything, have to restart the game.

Sponsored links

I have this game as well and I have this issue too. Since the tutorial is the only issue I found, I listed the game as "playable" in the screenshots thread, since it is not essential to the game and its progression. It would certainly help for this to be fixed so I could learn some stuff in the tutorials though....

CPU: C2D E6600 @ 2.4Ghz (no overclock)
GPU: Nvidia 8800GTS 640MB
RAM: 2GB DDR2
DVD Drive: Sony AW-Q170A 18x DVD±RW

PCSX2 0.9.6
GPU: GSdx 890 0.1.14 SSSE3 DX10 Hardware mode
SPU: SPU2-X 1.1.0
Cdvdrom: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
PAD: SSSXPSX 1.7.0
BIOS: USA v01.60
Speed Hacks: none

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Same issue here. It runs semi-ok at around 40fps (this may have to do with my settings, I'm not a very good 'tweaker' as it were >->; )

However, when I go into the tutorial, the frame rate plummets to (what is read anyway) as around 14-16 fps...but in all honesty it is frozen.

CPU: QX6850 @ 3.00 GHz (quad core, no overclock)
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 260 w/ 869MB DDR3 (no overclock)
RAM: 4GB DDR2

PCSX2 0.9.6
Graphics:
GSDx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.14
Renderer: Direct3D9 (Hardware)
Shader: Pixel Shader 3.0
Interlacing: None
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Texture filtering, Logarithmic Z, and Alpha Correction (FBA) checked

(While I'm not sure if it is the issue or not, I am including the sound config, just in case)

Sound:
SPU2-X 1.1.0
Interpolation: 1 - Linear (recommended)
Module: 1 - XAudio 2 (recommended)
Latency: 160 ms (avg)
No check boxes checked

Hope this info helps in solving the problem!

EDIT:
A bit more specific as per the issue.

When you first begin the game, and you first are asked to go into the tutorial or go ahead, go into the tutorial, select the first choice, select the first choice again, and in this new window, select the first choice again. The first dialogue box will open, and at that point the frame rate plummets...hope this helps as well!
it happens after loading the game too (I mean as in you've been playing a while) I just got the tutorial off the net in FAQ form, cause it crashes like that.
# PCSX2 version: 0.9.9.r5197(svn)
# CPU options: EErec on, VUrec0 and VUrec1 on
# Plugins used: GSdx 0.1.16 (hardware and software, dx9) and ZeroGS 0.9.7
# Description: As seem in the attached pics Game will crash/lock to "withened" screen and not recover (windows 7 allows only to close the software after that). The moment in game is Haggar first appearance (stage 24). It happened the same in PCSX2 v0.9.8. No speed problem or hack use (i ran it in latest svn build and changed only the plugins for test, as instructed. Everything else is default)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

use DX10 and see if that passes it for you
(05-06-2012, 11:36 PM)Saiki Wrote: use DX10 and see if that passes it for you

No. The problem happened as before...