CPU 1@100%,CPU 2@neutral in beta1474
There might be a bug in the thread affinity restore logic I use during CpuSpeed detection. I'll review it today.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team

Sponsored links

(07-09-2009, 11:16 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Well, like I said a couple posts up, if you have a quad core, try setting the affinity to the last 3 cores, it should help quite a bit.

How exactly can you do that? Can you please give me some more details? I'm really tired of seeing my Core number 2 and number 4 on vacations while number 1 is working 24/7 and number 3 is pretending to help number 1 (hope you understand what i meant...if not check image.... -_-') xD

PS: Core number 1 is being used at 100% that's why you can't even see it...

PS2: Nvm...found it..seems to help a bit. Well, at least ONLY 1 core is sleeping now =P

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
could that performance would damage the cpu or the mobo?
or best to rollback to beta1329 for the moment?
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
It won't damage anything. The spread is a bit unusual of the load, but not a big problem. Also you are not losing out on performance, if you divide 100 by the number of cores you have, for example pedrosilvaa has 4 cores, thats 25% per core (so 25% of a core in use is 5%), his result is 30% so he has one core at 100% and one core at roughly 25%, which is pretty much what GSDX and pcsx2 (which always uses a full core) reflect.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-11-2009, 02:03 AM)pedrosilvaa Wrote:
(07-09-2009, 11:16 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Well, like I said a couple posts up, if you have a quad core, try setting the affinity to the last 3 cores, it should help quite a bit.

How exactly can you do that? Can you please give me some more details? I'm really tired of seeing my Core number 2 and number 4 on vacations while number 1 is working 24/7 and number 3 is pretending to help number 1 (hope you understand what i meant...if not check image.... -_-') xD

PS: Core number 1 is being used at 100% that's why you can't even see it...

PS2: Nvm...found it..seems to help a bit. Well, at least ONLY 1 core is sleeping now =P

Yeah, setting affinity to the last 3 cores means that no part of the PCSX2 process is being run on core 1. Seeing as how PCSX2 doesn't really use more than two cores, this solves the problem of maxing out the load on Core 1 and not using another core.

Obviously this workaround works well on quad cores/i7's so dual core users will have to wait until Air looks into the issue.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(07-11-2009, 02:29 AM)tallbender Wrote: could that performance would damage the cpu or the mobo?
or best to rollback to beta1329 for the moment?

Working at full load doesn't damage your hardware. However, there is one exception. Extreme overclocking to the point where the system will generate an uber amount of heat at 100% load.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=1502

This bug should be fixed now. Let me know if the problem persists.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
^
^
^
^
sorry i don't have a complier(Visual Studio) and dunno how to use that thing.
i'll wait for the next official beta build...thx Air
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(07-13-2009, 04:17 AM)Air Wrote: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=1502

This bug should be fixed now. Let me know if the problem persists.

It's still there.

Core 1 at 100%, other cores doing nothing. Set affinity to use all cores BUT core 1 and it spreads the load out to about 55% across the other 3 cores.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(07-09-2009, 06:05 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: I had the same issue on my quad-core. Core 1 was maxed out and the others were doing nothing. Setting the Affinity to the last three cores immediately changed my CPU usage to about 50% on core 2 and 3, and about 20% on core 4.

Where can i adjust that "Affinity". In PCSX2?