CRC Hack doesn't Work
Will it be difficult a feature to be added that for example replaces the crc for one game with another

For example a file that containst something like
E8FCF8EC=E5AF9132

Sponsored links

(01-15-2019, 10:39 PM)lightningterror Wrote: If people are fine with it then I can add the id.
Just a question about aggressive hack for SMT3.

Is it added to EU version too, Lucifer's Call? Because when i select it it does nothing ingame.

I mean the aggressive hack to remove motion blur.
No, only US version supports it.
(01-15-2019, 10:51 PM)lightningterror Wrote: No, only US version supports it.

Could you please add it or it can't be done?
(01-15-2019, 10:39 PM)lightningterror Wrote: If people are fine with it then I can add the id.

I'm a bit against it tho, adding crc ids for rom hacks.

I started to edit ps2 games for proggresive scan hack and more
so I have this problem for another games too
obviously i am not going to ask you to add the all new id
but
why the CRC hack won't just apply for all the possible CRC? or we will be able to change the crc code to what we want in pcsx2?
or replaces the crc for one game with another? like vsub said

The CRC Hack is good Hack and i don't want to lose it because i put proggresive scan Hack, Fixess or Modes
problem is : it's a "hack".
so, basically against pcsx2's philosophy/goal.

compiling the source yourself after adding your CRC could be the solution, though
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-16-2019, 06:40 PM)jesalvein Wrote: problem is : it's a "hack".
so, basically against pcsx2's philosophy/goal.

compiling the source yourself after adding your CRC could be the solution, though

why won't just apply the crc hack for every crc combination? so everbody will be happy
+
pcsx2 encourge people to use widescreen hack
but when i use proggressive scan hack for god hand i get graphical glitch that can be solved only by using crc hack and i don't get help
(01-16-2019, 06:53 PM)Red_Tv Wrote: why won't just apply the crc hack for every crc combination? so everbody will be happy
+
pcsx2 encourge people to use widescreen hack
but when i use proggressive scan hack for god hand i get graphical glitch that can be solved only by using crc hack and i don't get help

Progressive scan and widescreen "hacks" are better called "patches". Yes, they are still hacks in nature, but to avoid confusion it is best to refer to them this way.

Removing CRC hacks is a primary objective right now and no one has any intention of adding any new ones. Realistically, the goal is to have absolutely zero, but that is wishful thinking. We would rather solve the problems causing bad effects than just mask the effects out with CRC hacks.

If a CRC hack is the only solution to a bad progressive scan patch, then the issue should really be redirected to the patch author. That indicates that something in the patch is conflicting with whatever effect that CRC hack is masking out.

Edit: And I too am against adding romhacks to the list of game CRCs. With versioning this will be an absolute nightmare to keep up with. Unmodified, original games are simple enough because they're consistently the same CRC hash, but every single iteration of a romhack will be a unique CRC, nevermind changes per game region, and if a user modifies the romhack before applying it. I would be much more in favor of a function for a user to manually apply, or "spoof", if you will, the CRC, when a romhack is detected (or the CRC is 00000000).
(01-16-2019, 06:53 PM)Red_Tv Wrote: why won't just apply the crc hack for every crc combination? so everbody will be happy
It's an open source project, no one prevents you from making your own builds that will include every single crc hack.
Quote:pcsx2 encourge people to use widescreen hack
"encourage" ?
where ? any evidence about this ?
Quote:but when i use proggressive scan hack for god hand i get graphical glitch that can be solved only by using crc hack and i don't get help
you mean one hack that gives glitches needs another hack to work the way you want it ?
That's exactly what i said above : pcsx2's main goal is to work without hacks, to ba as accurate as possible.

If you want to do a hackjob, feel free to do so. As i said, it's an open source project...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-16-2019, 10:16 PM)jesalvein Wrote: It's an open source project, no one prevents you from making your own builds that will include every single crc hack.
"encourage" ?
where ? any evidence about this ?
you mean one hack that gives glitches needs another hack to work the way you want it ?
That's exactly what i said above : pcsx2's main goal is to work without hacks, to ba as accurate as possible.

If you want to do a hackjob, feel free to do so. As i said, it's an open source project...

1. I dont know how to add crc hack
2. pcsx2 encourge you to use wide screen hack by including Cheast WS in the download file + the videos on the youtube Channel of pcsx2 are showing widescreen hack
3. No, God hand has too much of a motion blur and that blured the image around the characters and the only why to remove it is to use crc hack, but i cant use it because i am using proggresive scan hack in order to improve gameplay

I am not asking from the developers to do hack supports just to make the crc hack to work with every CRC code that is possible becapuse
If I made a hack and that hack caused a graphical glitch that i my problem and i should fix that
But if I made a hack and i cant use some of pcsx2 tool that a problem that should be fixed 
Emulators were created in order to preserve games and if someone want to add HD texture, progressive scan, game fixes for bugs, 21:9 asspect ratio in order  to preserve a game than he shouldn't give up on another tool to preserve the game like crc hack