CRC Patches no longer working in 1.6?
Hey there, so I play a lot of Itadaki (Fortune) Street Special on PS2 with my fan translation. PCSX2 always had a problem with displaying the board properly but there was a CRC fix made for it. When I made my fan translation I looked for the old CRC and updated the graphic DLLs accordingly. Now it doesn't seem to work at all. I even tried to restore the original CRC and loaded the clean Japanese version of the game and it doesn't seem to load the fix. I KNOW Automatic Game Fixes is checked.

I have attached my log

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 12,31 KB / Downloads: 135)

Sponsored links

hm.do you own another PS2 ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-07-2020, 09:57 PM)jesalvein Wrote: hm.do you own another PS2 ?
Not currently, I can always go back to 1.4 if need be since it was working fine there.
Umm according to the log,there is no pnach in this location
Not found Cheats file: C:\Users\mog11\Documents\PCSX2\cheats\4CE7FB04.pnach
And automatic gamefixes is using the GameIndex.dbf file

I think the installer version of 1.4.0 was using a folder called "PCSX2 1.4.0" in documents and the new version seems to be using different folder name so maybe this is why it is not working
(05-07-2020, 09:49 PM)Choppasmith Wrote: Hey there, so I play a lot of Itadaki (Fortune) Street Special on PS2 with my fan translation. PCSX2 always had a problem with displaying the board properly but there was a CRC fix made for it. When I made my fan translation I looked for the old CRC and updated the graphic DLLs accordingly. Now it doesn't seem to work at all. I even tried to restore the original CRC and loaded the clean Japanese version of the game and it doesn't seem to load the fix. I KNOW Automatic Game Fixes is checked.

I have attached my log
You will have to use a gsdx build older than this commit:-

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commit/c3ac3ecbe7a87f7a999782c7118b126291d1d48b

C
rc hack is still there in the code but it doesn't get applied due to this commit. We know about this error but haven't found a proper solution yet.
(05-08-2020, 07:23 AM)prafull Wrote: You will have to use a gsdx build older than this commit:-

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commit/c3ac3ecbe7a87f7a999782c7118b126291d1d48b

C
rc hack is still there in the code but it doesn't get applied due to this commit. We know about this error but haven't found a proper solution yet.
Sorry. Got kinda sidetracked and almost forgot to come back to this. I'll just stick to 1.4.0 for playing this game but I really wanted to thank you for the info!
Look at my post
(06-26-2020, 08:41 PM)vsub Wrote: Look at my post
That doesn't actually apply in my case since I downloaded a fresh nightly that SHOULD fix the original Japanese game automatically and it doesn't. Prafull's explanation makes sense.
No one is saying anything about game version
PCSX2 is just trying to load a pnach file from a different location and since the file is not there,no cheats will be loaded

Not found Cheats file: C:\Users\mog11\Documents\PCSX2\cheats\4CE7FB04.pnach

Edit: Oh you mean the crc patches that apply some settings in pcsx2 to allow a game to work

The 1.4.0 automatic gamefixes database don't have any fixes for your game

You don't need to use pcsx2 1.4.0,you only need to use that older gsdx only for that game