Calling all Translators! PCSX2 GUI is ready for translation!
the "PACKAGE" thing is in a comment for copyright/author information which does not actually do something.
So either ignore it or replace it with "PCSX2" Wink

Sponsored links

Yes. Whistler is correct. It is not important.
I knew it wasn't important from the beginning for the translation. I was would like to be up-to-date with developers changes in the translation files.
I'll wait until it is standardized that translation files should have the copyright/author information, ok? For know I'll just keep updating the po files.
minor patch, not really translation-related:

I don't think ',' should be appear as the first character in a line so replace line 428 in wxGuiTools.cpp:

else if ( *p == L' ' || *p == L',' || *p == L'/' )

with:

else if ( *p == L' ' || *p == L'/' )
Hi,

I've begun to make Hungarian translation of PCSX2.
I've translated some strings and I've wanted to check them how to display in the emulator. I've got these PCSX2 error messages:

Loading language translation databases for 'Hungarian' [hu_HU]
pcsx2_Main not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
pcsx2_Iconized not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
pcsx2_Tertiary not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
SetLanguage: Requested translation is not implemented yet.

Do I need to translate all four pot files? (pcsx2_Devel.pot, pcsx2_Iconized.pot, pcsx2_Main.pot, pcsx2_Tertiary.pot)
I've begun with the Main.pot. Where do I need to send the files after I finished my translation?
Case: Gigabyte GZ-X1
PSU: FSP Aurum Gold 700W
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K
RAM: Kingston 8 GB HyperX PnP DDR3 1600MHz CL9 KIT
VGA: ASUS GTX 560 DirectCu II TOP
You can only translate Main in the beginning. It is 80% of the strings anyway. You need to install the compilation result (mo files) into the bin/Langs/hu_HU directory like others translations.

Open an issue on google code to summit your work. Use translation tag in the summary.
Would you help me getting an English pcsx2_Iconized.po file, please? The pcsx2_Iconized.pot template doesn't contain the translatable strings. If I could get the English text I can paste the lines but getting an English pcsx2_Iconized.po file could make my work easier.
it's supposed to be in that way - you need to reference the source code to get the texts. check for the comments for the exact location of the text.
you can also use poedit to make it a little easier.
Please, help me where I can find the translatable English strings for pcsx2_Iconized. I can't find them.
if you're using the traditional way:

it basically looks like this:

#: pcsx2/gui/Panels/GSWindowPanel.cpp:58
msgid "!ContextTip:Window:ManagedVsync"
msgstr ""

then check pcsx2/gui/Panels/GSWindowPanel.cpp file at line 58 for this one - the string should be obvious there.

the source code can be browsed online at:
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/browse/

if you're using poedit:

right click on the item -> click the item under the "Reference" in the menu, and source code will be automatically shown (you need to have the code downloaded with svn). Check the string there.