Calling all Translators! PCSX2 GUI is ready for translation!
The 0.9.8 branch should hopefully have the final strings in place now.
We'll only change strings if absolutely needed, so go wild ppl Tongue2

Sponsored links

(03-31-2011, 08:06 PM)gregory Wrote: Bositman, is there an easy way to be notified of forum change. I could register to each forum but I'm kind of lazy Tongue2

You mean email notifications? You can subscribe to a whole forum Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I posted the file for 0.9.8 at:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-0-9-8-UI-...nese-zh-CN

the forum is for "Translated Guides" so not sure if I posted in the correct place though.
Yeah it's correct, we will reorganize the forum names later Wink
(04-01-2011, 12:45 AM)Bositman Wrote: You mean email notifications? You can subscribe to a whole forum Tongue

But there's no 'Subscribe to this forum' link in the 'Translated Guides' forum at http://forums.pcsx2.net/forum-25.html
http://forums.pcsx2.net/usercp.php?actio...scriptions Wrote:You're currently not subscribed to any forums.

To subscribe to a forum:

1. Navigate to the forum you wish to subscribe to.
2. Click the 'Subscribe to this forum' link just above, towards the right side of, the list of threads in that forum.
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W
Hm yeah you need to subscribe to each bottom level forum im afraid.
I recalled in earlier post of this thread I asked Jake for adding something that allow user re-select a Language after First-Time Wizard. And he did it in the debug build(pcsx2-dbg.exe) of r4088 via Config -> Language... then the following dialog pops up.
[Image: re-select_a_Language_in_debug_build_of_r_4088.png]

I remembered it's Language -> *language names* in 0.9.6.

I've no idea which way is better on re-select Languages after determined a Language in First-Time Wizard. Rolleyes

Now I manually edit PCSX2_ui.ini to reuse a Language, e.g.
Code:
LanguageCode=en_US
LanguageCode=zh_TW
durable PC since 2008
It was removed probably because it did not make any sense. I mean you did not learn new language every years and forgot previous one Wink. Let's keep the interface light (well not too heavy Smile )

You can still change the language in the first time wizards and import your previous setting, so it is quite fast. Or as you said directly change the ini file.
I've also considered language names including "System Default" are translatable into your language instead of showing them in English at the first page of First-Time Wizard.

Since we have several languages in Langs folder now.
durable PC since 2008
How did you do that ? The string are hardcoded into wx. The only solution is to make a very big switch and recreate all language string name.
Code:
swich(language)
case FR: return _("francais");
case US: return _("english");
etc....
Then translator will need to translate them, probably a new central po/pot duplicate for each language. Moreover I'm not sure it is really useful. The default value must be fine for most of the users.