Can a SVN break a cheat?
To be clear, you've tried the game with the code disabled and the game isn't having an issue right? Want to make sure this is an issue with the cheat and not an error in the SVN in general for the game.

If the game plays fine when the cheat is disabled, then obviously something changed. I wouldn't think PCSX2 would change how it stores data... it actually kind of sounds to me like there is a slight delay in the address being changed (that is, the game resets your "state" and then PCSX2 reapplies the cheat, but there is enough delay between the two to trigger the "tired" cutscene). I'm not sure how exactly handles cheats though or how or why that would have changed between releases... I'll scour the SVN's between the two releases and see if anything catches my eye.

In the mean time, if you want to track it down to a certain SVN release that would give a better idea.
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

when I disable the code (Pause the emulator, put the // in front then Resume) the game runs just normal with no problem true. The cheat Does work, but to hear ohh are you alright are you tired after every battle, well it gets on ones nerve Tongue This also happens with 0.9.9.5353 so I still think something changed.
So can anybody perhaps have a look at this? Cause I wouldn't know what it could be. I even tried removing the memorycards, created new cards, formatted them and the problem still continue to plague me. The cheatcode IS being seen in the log screen. No TLB Misses either.
U'r best option is keep stable version for cheats & latest svn for normal use.
Don't want to interrupting.just giving my opinion Smile
I've tried 5353 and even 1.0.0 it still happens, so I wouldn't know what has changed. These cheats always worked for me, but lately only that cheat seem to be wonky. Apparently what I tried to seem if it'll fix it, didn't work, I really wonder how this may be.
Maybe you already answered the question: for some reason the cheats don't work at that place and possibly never did. Or something in the game itself changed making the cheats non functional anymore.

The pnach file does not have structural flaws, so may be a problem with the code itself that only now is showing up (possibly due to the very advance in the play). As a test, could you start a new game and play for a while to confirm if they are working in this case?

PS: For example, pnach just pokes values into addresses but is about the game to decide what to do with the value... if in any other place the game looks at the flag but for some reason doesn't do it in that specific place the code fails at that point.
Imagination is where we are truly real
This just occurred to me, but maybe Persona 3 FES is one of those games whose addresses change after each boot (without loading a savestate that is)? If not, just ignore this.
I don't think it is...I made some codes for the game before and they worked fine after restarting pcsx2
it always worked for me aswell Ken and like I said before in this post, I already deleted my memory cards and remade them, but that didn't help. The Never Tired cheat always worked before (It does work for the other party members just fine) But it's only for the protagonist Smile
(06-16-2013, 03:19 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: it always worked for me aswell Ken and like I said before in this post, I already deleted my memory cards and remade them, but that didn't help. The Never Tired cheat always worked before (It does work for the other party members just fine) But it's only for the protagonist Smile

So uh.. remake it? Shouldn't be too hard.