Cheat Engine?
(02-01-2023, 01:32 PM)NarooN Wrote: Do you mean trying to search for values to create new cheats? I had that issue but it turned out there was a setting that I needed to enable in CE to get it to actually search for the addresses of any given game I had running. In the settings tab, under Scan Settings, MEM_MAPPED wasn't ticked for the scan type, so no matter what I did I could never find any given values I tried to search/alter. Once I enabled that, I could search for and make new codes.

I actually didn't start using CE until recently after getting back into codes from reminiscing about the old GameShark days in the 90s and early 2000s hah. How does  saving codes work if you create them natively in 1.7xxx rather than converting pre-existing ones? Since the base address is now random in the emu, is there some special set of steps to conserve your codes without having to constantly search for new addresses?

What I'm saying is : Once I did the steps needed to get my PCSX2 1.6 (converted, as 0XXXXXXX instead of 2XXXXXXX) codes to work with PCSX2 1.7 running, at that point when I tried to search for new codes in PCSX2 1.7 it didn't work. I'm not sure it's a matter of enabling MEM_MAPPED because Before I did the steps to load the converted 1.6 codes with PCSX2 1.7 running, it would allow me to search for codes. The problem there of course is that since the base address is random on PCSX2 1.7, I would have no way to retain the codes after finding them.

So it seems that the best thing I can do is to use PCSX2 1.6 to search for codes under the old 20000000 - 22000000 memory range. Then if I want to use the codes on PCSX2 1.7 I can convert them to 0XXXXXXX instead of 2XXXXXXX the follow the steps to get the codes I found on PCSX2 1.6 to work on PCSX2 1.7. But I haven't found a way to then search for new codes while running PCSX2 1.7 on the new 00000000 - 02000000 adjusted scale.

Sponsored links

@planetps2 while using the QT version of pcsx2 and Cheat Engine,type as the start address EEmem when searching