Configuration Settings Reset
(07-04-2010, 02:31 AM)matanyabs Wrote: the same setting reset and error messege in log

Find why the write access is denied and you'll get your answer.

One common cause is when the whole windows is cloned (lets say from an old HD to a quicker/larger one) without correct procedures. That let the folders and files associated with the former SID (single user id) and becoming restricted for the actual user.

Another common cause is UAC preventing third part appls access to the resource. Not even the administrator can bypass explicit restrictions albeit being able to change them.

PS: UAC is one the dumbest "security feature" MS managed to come with, shadowing all it's possibles advantages the user finds out being obligated to disable it or/AND run applications as the administrator, not seldom applications that let him exposed to the Internet...
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

windows was freshly installed and shutting down the UAC is the first thing I did after the install
my specs:

Core2 Quad 9550 @ 283GHz
4GB RAM
Geforce GTX 280
Windows 7 64bit
(07-04-2010, 11:33 AM)matanyabs Wrote: windows was freshly installed and shutting down the UAC is the first thing I did after the install

Have you tried deleting the whole ini folder (to let the emulator create a fresh one)?

The former may still carries whatever is preventing full access to it.
From the first post the only thing I can speculate is you don't have read access for the tmp (it could be that file does not even could be created) or write access to the ini itself.

Maybe you should completely uninstall the emulator, delete all the folders related to it (although you can backup the memcard, bios and sstates as the cheats folder case you have them).

If the above yet fails you may have old entries on the register messing up the installation, case you should attempt to clean it for former (and lost) PCSX2 entries, Regclean will be your friend there.

Do it to guarantee you eliminate whatever is creating issues.
Imagination is where we are truly real