Core -  [Bug report] Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal [NTSC]
What happens if you use the Dev9Null plugin instead?

Maybe I'll have to do a playthrough tonight Tongue

Sponsored links

Does not appear to affect it one way or the other.
OK, can you upload a savestate on Planet Daxx in the area where it freezes? I'll give it a go later. Smile
Here ya go:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DuJu3nI...sp=sharing

Note that it's not guaranteed to happen immediately, you might have to blow up a few groups of guys while they're shooting at you to trigger it.
Perfect, I was able to reproduce it just walking in circles and getting shot at Tongue

Edit: The game seems to stutter alot before the error is thrown, the DMA address is always the same. Not a regression of the recent GIF fix either: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commit/f7...296dd8bd6c

Code:
*PCSX2*: DMA error: 1f53a060
Vif Direct: No Data Transfer?

I'll take a look later.
Cool, thanks.
Try the "Delay VIF1 Stalls" gamefix - I haven't been able to get it to freeze after enabling it, it still stutters alot but I'm also playing it over Teamviewer. At least there's a workaround until we can find out what's causing it.

I can't reproduce the issue on debug builds which is weird.

Edit: nevermind, it still froze Tongue
(02-09-2018, 10:02 PM)CK1 Wrote: Try the "Delay VIF1 Stalls" gamefix - I haven't been able to get it to freeze after enabling it, it still stutters alot but I'm also playing it over Teamviewer. At least there's a workaround until we can find out what's causing it. I can't reproduce the issue on debug builds which is weird.
Were you able to reproduce the issue at 4:3 aspect ratio?

It could be debug builds delay VIF1 stalls automatically just because they make the game run slower.
(02-09-2018, 10:04 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Were you able to reproduce the issue at 4:3 aspect ratio?

It could be debug builds delay VIF1 stalls automatically just because they make the game run slower.

Is that a typo Tongue - I'm not sure what aspect ratio has to do with this, but I'll try it out.

I guess I'll give the debug build another try in the hope of getting some logs.
(02-09-2018, 03:56 AM)piesofnorth Wrote: Another less pressing one I found is if you open the pause menu on the water planet and then return, your player character, and most of the environment will vanish and remain so until you go to a different planet. Only tested with git 2242 but also happened with opengl/dx hard/soft.

There are 2 ways I know of to avoid this issue:

1. Check "Disable Depth Emulation" under GSdx Settings → Advanced Settings and Hacks
(will remove the water blur effect on Aquatos - may be desirable since the effect currently doesn't work well in HW mode anyway, the downside is that it may impact other effects in other parts of the game)

or

2. Check "Fast Texture Invalidation" under GSdx Settings → Advanced Settings and Hacks
(has no effect I've noticed on R&C 3 aside from preventing this issue)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo | Samsung S23A700D