DS4 To XInput Wrapper
(02-15-2014, 01:41 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: To anyone who wants to experiment with Bluetooth Hot-plugging I have managed to get the application to 'gracefully' handle loss of connectivity to the Controller when the BT is turned off, and accept it again when turned on. This goes as far as still recognising the controller if you plug it in while connected through BT, however two controllers will be shown until you turn off BT (hold the PS button in for a while). Windows itself does not handle this all too well (it places several Wireless Controllers there), but a toggle of Hide DS4 will remove the extras.

Please note that this is not a proper release, so only use it if you would like to try out BT Hot-plugging at the potential expense of stability.

I will see about trying key strokes in games such as Skyrim in the coming days to see if I can find a solution, but if nothing at all is captured it either filters virtual input or expects slower input (which isn't really something we want considering responsiveness requirements).

Also, still have not seen the fail to close issue reappear, but have added it to my list of things to do.

Scpserver freeze if I swith on or switch off my DS4 if scpserver is open.

Sponsored links

(02-15-2014, 12:42 PM)DirtyShady Wrote: Scpserver freeze if I swith on or switch off my DS4 if scpserver is open.

The original would freeze. The experimental version should either not show anything or 'gracefully' disconnect (better results with Hide DS4 unchecked). If it is the experimental version which is freezing then I'll have to try and replicate the freeze on my side to see why.

As mentioned its just out there for those who want to test it with a bit more ability to plug and play (like with the media server example).
DS4 Xinput Tool: My Final Contribution
electrobrains' DS4Windows

Intel Core i5 4670K, G.Skill 1866MHz 8GB, ASRock Z87 Extreme3, MSI GTX 770 4GB, 128GB SSD, 3TB HDD, Custom Windows 7SP1.
(02-15-2014, 11:32 AM)jinx083464 Wrote: -Add a button to the program that launches the windows setup game controller window since I'm always checking this to make sure everything is working as intended.

My custom version has this on the main window as what will look like a hyperlink called 'Controllers' next to the Start Minimized option.

A battery meter for the notification area could be doable. Screen overlays will however add quite a bit of complexity for a small feature. Some games also do not support overlays. Personally I found the battery level shown in the LED color was sufficient to know what level it is.

Intel Core i5 4670K, G.Skill 1866MHz 8GB, ASRock Z87 Extreme3, MSI GTX 770 4GB, 128GB SSD, 3TB HDD, Custom Windows 7SP1.
(02-15-2014, 02:06 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: My custom version has this on the main window as what will look like a hyperlink called 'Controllers' next to the Start Minimized option.

A battery meter for the notification area could be doable. Screen overlays will however add quite a bit of complexity for a small feature. Some games also do not support overlays. Personally I found the battery level shown in the LED color was sufficient to know what level it is.

We don't want to build an overlay for battery status when we can just use the PS/Guide button and the existing Xbox overlay software, right?

Where's your current branch's code located? I feel like I should be basing continued 1.3-ward development on that. I have gotten a secured version of vmulti going and want to vastly improve the touchpad support now.
(02-15-2014, 04:52 PM)electrobrains Wrote: We don't want to build an overlay for battery status when we can just use the PS/Guide button and the existing Xbox overlay software, right?

Where's your current branch's code located? I feel like I should be basing continued 1.3-ward development on that. I have gotten a secured version of vmulti going and want to vastly improve the touchpad support now.

Its over here: http://code.google.com/r/nand-ds4tool-he...ce/browse/

I am still perfecting the custom key stroke mapping as some games do not yet accept the input. Also, I haven't yet committed progress on the BT hot plugging, only standard USB hot plugging.

(02-15-2014, 05:35 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: Its over here: http://code.google.com/r/nand-ds4tool-he...ce/browse/

I am still perfecting the custom key stroke mapping as some games do not yet accept the input. Also, I haven't yet committed progress on the BT hot plugging, only standard USB hot plugging.

That's cool, I almost had BT hot-plugging working before. To fix it properly in 2.0 we should follow the PnP subsystem events, I think. Thank you.
(02-05-2014, 08:21 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: I will be posting new update (1.2) tomorrow for my version. It's basically a version incorporating a lot of changes that will be part of 1.3.
Changes include:
A big number of performance improvements
Bug fixes
new touchpad behaviour:
tap to left click
press right corner of touchpad to right click
press touchpad for left click hold (drag)
Not sure with scroll yet, but will try to get 2 finger scroll. Otherwise will bind to a button

Few small ui improvements:
Options button is disabled until controller is connected
1st controller radio button automatically selected at the start

Perfect! Smile You got the bug with the controller freezing eyery 10 seconds! Now I can use your tool again with no problems Smile THANK YOU! Laugh
Version 0.0.5.0 released!

Same as before, but now the configuration is correctly working.
Everytime you launch the app, it remember the previous settings.

Next time a classic Window theme and then i will start testing client/service environment.

Attached Files
.zip   Release.zip (Size: 242,04 KB / Downloads: 185)
How this this tool is already looking so amazing!
Changing the light colors is so cool Laugh!

I manage to play Dark Souls and Skyrim just fine.

Controller detection is kinda of random for me.
In BT mode I always need to pair the controller or is not detected.
And sometimes the controllers is not detected by DS4tool but is still working as a x360 controller (Win7).

Still is already a amazing progress.
I'm using my ds4 now and i don't even have the console yet. It's great. But, I was kind of hoping to use the touchpad with xpadder and set it as separate axis and button. Any chance of that happening?