DS4 To XInput Wrapper
(12-10-2013, 04:41 AM)Grimnir Wrote: Any estimates on the ETA of the ability to plug and unplug the controller without having to restart games/mumble/vent/etc?
I've been using the original version due to how frequently my controller gets unpluged, all these new versions seem so nice and shiny!

I will be looking at it after i resolve some BT issue for the upcoming version. Would say that it probably would not perfectly for every scenario, as i mentioned before app/games can grab access to the controller before my tool does. So you would get can't get exclusive access error. I think that can be resolved only with custom driver. But since i have no experience in writing drivers i am not planning to do one.

Sponsored links

(12-10-2013, 12:20 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: 2 reasons i don't want to go open source yet:

People will start bugging me about how thing work.

It's not documented and needs tidying up (I can't do that while in active development)

I seriously doubt you'll have a lot of people asking how things work. At least this is not my experience with open source development.

If you wait until it is complete then it partly defeats the purpose of opening the source.
(12-10-2013, 09:11 AM)dalingrin Wrote: I seriously doubt you'll have a lot of people asking how things work. At least this is not my experience with open source development.

If you wait until it is complete then it partly defeats the purpose of opening the source.

I think he meant that people will take issue of how things work.

It's too bad though, because pull requests can bring out more features and if someone comes along later wanting to give writing a driver a try, it would a great starting point
(12-09-2013, 11:53 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: Once I sort out BT issues I will be releasing an update, I noticed even though it's working for people it's still has way more input lag than USB. Also almost unusable with 2 controllers connected over BT.

In the update:
Tocuhpad support with sensitivity slider and button combination to turn on/off (L2/R2 + touchpad together)
Battery status with 2 modes (you can use one or both) controllable by checkboxes
1. Green to red color indication with LED (In the future maybe a hotkey to toggle checkbox)
2. Flash when below 20%

I look forward testing this great work Wink
The author has stated that he'll be looking to open the source once he has the basic functionality down and can clean the code. Seems pretty sensible to me. I think he's so far earned your patience.

(12-10-2013, 09:11 AM)dalingrin Wrote: I seriously doubt you'll have a lot of people asking how things work. At least this is not my experience with open source development.

(12-10-2013, 09:20 AM)yugge Wrote: I think he meant that people will take issue of how things work.

It's too bad though, because pull requests can bring out more features and if someone comes along later wanting to give writing a driver a try, it would a great starting point
But do you think it'll ever work with the toshiba BT stack? Sad

Oh and again, thanks for putting so much work into this! Laugh
Hello, first of all thank you for your awesome work.

I've run into an issue with the drivers. USB works flawlessly but if im using BT with your latest version it doesn't work ( direct input works fine though), however if i use the first version the device is detected but if i run a game, say Dark Souls through steam the keys are all messed up. I thought of buying another bt dongle but this seems to be working fine ( 2.1 ).

Anyone have an awnser to this ?

Thanks again for the work you're putting into this.

-w
Not sure if necessary but wanted to chime in and say that beta 2 update 1 has been working flawlessly for me on two different bluetooth adapters. Steam and all my games working with no crashes/errors.
Oh, and just for the record, the readme still says that rumble only works through USB, and the Bluetooth rumble is working fine now. Just an update.
(12-11-2013, 05:10 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: Oh, and just for the record, the readme still says that rumble only works through USB, and the Bluetooth rumble is working fine now. Just an update.

Thanks, will update it for upcoming beta 3 (probably end of the week).