DS4 To XInput Wrapper
(01-19-2014, 06:39 PM)Nige111 Wrote: I'm unable to get my DS4 to connect via bluetooth - I've tried both a cheap dongle that I used to use for my DS3 and my laptop's built in BT, but both give the same results.

(For reference, the laptop I'm using is a 2011 macbook pro running Windows 7 in boot camp)

make sure the BT you using supports 2.1 or higher. i use a BT 4.0 dongle and works great.

Anyone know what page 1.1.3 is on?

Sponsored links

Alright electrobrains, I've literally tried everything... Nothing works, except the versions from @InhexSTER. This is what happens when I try to use your tool: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uq675c170dbmty....30.57.wmv
Tried Exclusive mode. Only the latest beta in the first post works, all these versions you posted cause my controller to go nuts.
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
(01-19-2014, 07:42 PM)Cheetah1024 Wrote: Alright electrobrains, I've literally tried everything... Nothing works, except the versions from @InhexSTER. This is what happens when I try to use your tool: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uq675c170dbmty....30.57.wmv

I've got the same problem.
(01-19-2014, 07:12 PM)DeathWish Wrote: make sure the BT you using supports 2.1 or higher. i use a BT 4.0 dongle and works great.

Anyone know what page 1.1.3 is on?

Should do, DS3 needed 2.1 or higher to work and that worked fine.
(01-19-2014, 08:14 PM)Nige111 Wrote: Should do, DS3 needed 2.1 or higher to work and that worked fine.

Did you deinstall the motioninJoy drivers?

to electrobrains: I think the controller might use a standard Bluetooth headset interface. When the controller is paired with the PC, then turned off, then deleted from the Windows bluetooth list and then the PS button is pressed (to connect it to an already paired computer) you will see 2 entries, one is the normal Controller, one is "Bluetooth Headset". Seems like a standardized Interface to me. I wasn't able to reliably recreate this, but those steps are exactly what I did when it happened.
I hope this is of some use for the reverse engineering.
(01-19-2014, 08:14 PM)Nige111 Wrote: Should do, DS3 needed 2.1 or higher to work and that worked fine.

In the window showing which devices your Bluetooth can find, before double clicking it to connect, try right clicking and going to properties and check 'install drivers etc etc' (dont remember what it exactly says'. For some reason it defaults to unchecked. Try this a few times, making sure to allow the device to connect if it asks and right away going to the gamepad properties to make sure the inputs are being registered. I did this a couple times and mine auto pairs perfectly now, even after multiple restarts etc.

I can post a video later if need be if instruction is vague , just on my phone right now. Good luck!
I've made a number of bug fixes and feature changes, so here is version 1.2! Here's a short list of what has been changed:
  • HID queue flushing is now an option for systems that need it
  • disconnection of a Bluetooth DS4 does not hang the program
  • LED color settings take effect immediately
  • touchpad support has been overhauled. Assassin's Creed 4 now works, and there are left/middle/right mouse clicks -- as well as support for dragging. See the Hotkeys dialog for information.

I've set up a donation page because it seems like there's a lot of features people would love to see -- I would love to get a few more controllers to make sure multiple controllers don't have issues on a single system, and I could afford to work on this full-time for a while if I got some donations, rather than spending my hours working a boring desk job.

If you feel like supporting continued development of this branch of DS4 Xinput Mapper, here's my donation page:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...EWBPD4NWWC

Attached Files
.zip   DS4-bff-1.2b.zip (Size: 224,98 KB / Downloads: 367)
For some reason whenever i click save settings the rumble function is not saved. I go back and see that my rumble function has been reset.
(01-20-2014, 01:13 AM)electrobrains Wrote: I've made a number of bug fixes and feature changes, so here is version 1.2! Here's a short list of what has been changed:
  • HID queue flushing is now an option for systems that need it
  • disconnection of a Bluetooth DS4 does not hang the program
  • LED color settings take effect immediately
  • touchpad support has been overhauled. Assassin's Creed 4 now works, and there are left/middle/right mouse clicks -- as well as support for dragging. See the Hotkeys dialog for information.

I've set up a donation page because it seems like there's a lot of features people would love to see -- I would love to get a few more controllers to make sure multiple controllers don't have issues on a single system, and I could afford to work on this full-time for a while if I got some donations, rather than spending my hours working a boring desk job.

If you feel like supporting continued development of this branch of DS4 Xinput Mapper, here's my donation page:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...EWBPD4NWWC
I get an error message when launching your application, both with version 1.1.2 and this new release (I have not tried any other versions from you.) Version 1.1 beta 3 works fine. Thoughts?

[Image: sgCsen4.png]