DS4 To XInput Wrapper
Still no update to deal with the lag issue? shame, I had a lot of hope for this tool Sad meh guess im sticking with the rumbleless. x360ce.

Sponsored links

Plenty of people are running lag-free.
I havent been able to find a way to get rid of the lag, i've tried everything i could find including moving my bluetooth radio around. Short of "upgrading" to windows 8, I don't think theres anything that can be done.
(01-26-2014, 10:51 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @DirtyShady: The SCP Drivers currently support both DS3 & DS4 - see http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

@InhexSTER: ScpVBus is fully capable of supporting multiple applications, it is Thread/Process safe. Just need to coordinate usage patterns. The main thing to do currently is not use Unplug(0) in BusDevice - this is a special call which Unplugs all connected X360 Devices. [You can run the VirtualXInput sample application at the same time as ScpService or DS4Tool - it uses Port #5, and doesn't call Unplug(0)].

I've been looking at modifying BusDevice to do the following -
- always use the instance 0 driver.
- change Instance property to define which ports to use
-- 0 -> Use Ports #1 - #4
-- 1 -> Use Ports #5 - #8
- maintain a list of Plugged in devices
-- change Unplug(0) behaviour to just remove devices from the Plugged in list.

The XInput Subsystem assigns XInput Pad IDs in the order that devices are Plugged in, the Port # used has no bearing on this.

If you use ScpControl in the manner defined in the VirtualXInput sample you will only need to change BusDevice.Open() to BusDevice.Open(1) to make use of this functionality when I release it.

Thanks, but it's possible you simplify your driver, with GUI ? Could you do the easily way to use DS3/DS4 Gamepad ?
I bought a Dell Venue 8 Pro over the weekend, decided to see if DS4 Tool would work on it. Right now I don't have a USB OTG cable so I can't test it over USB, only BT. Downloaded version 1.2.1, connected the DS4 over Bluetooth, opened SCPServer and nothing happened. Not able to start the service at all, it doesn't detect my controller.

Reverted back to 1.1 Final, works just fine. Any ideas? Running 32 bit Windows 8.1 Pro.
Thanks again for all the great work and collaboration!

Quick follow-up on a problem I was having earlier, hoping someone knows more about this than I do. Using the XInput Test that inhexSTER posted a few pages back, I see that my R2 oddly hovers around 10-30 after it's been pressed and released. If I push the trigger in the opposite direction it'll clear to 0, but leaving the controller idle just leaves that R2 hovering. In many games this results in multiple inputs of R2 without pressing the button.

Do you know if this is a hardware issue? I don't remember it happening when I first got the controller, but now I'm concerned it may have broken somehow. Thanks to anyone who can shed some insight.
Sounds like you need to return your controller for replacement under RMA/warranty!
(01-27-2014, 04:48 AM)echecaille Wrote: Thanks again for all the great work and collaboration!

Quick follow-up on a problem I was having earlier, hoping someone knows more about this than I do. Using the XInput Test that inhexSTER posted a few pages back, I see that my R2 oddly hovers around 10-30 after it's been pressed and released. If I push the trigger in the opposite direction it'll clear to 0, but leaving the controller idle just leaves that R2 hovering. In many games this results in multiple inputs of R2 without pressing the button.

Do you know if this is a hardware issue? I don't remember it happening when I first got the controller, but now I'm concerned it may have broken somehow. Thanks to anyone who can shed some insight.

Check first if you see similar results when not running the tool, the inputs of Wireless Controller.
Latest version: DS4 1.2.2
Development: DS4 1.3 RC3

Intel Core i7 4770K, 8GB RAM, ASUS Z87-PRO, Nvidia GTX Titan, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 8.1 Pro.
Hi!

First, thanks to InhexSTER and electrobrains for their awesome work. I expect great things will come once they coordinate their efforts!

This weekend I've been testing both versions extensively (with Batman Arkham City, Metro Last Light and Planetside 2). I'm running Windows 7 home premim. I've found:

- I'm pretty much lag free with both versions.
- The touchpad mouse control doesn't work well with InhexSTER version. The pointer moves but when it arrives to some window border it jumps randomly to another place. It works pretty well with electrobains one, but the sensitivity is too high for my taste (the pointer moves too fast), and also I've found pretty impossible to use the touchpad to click because it detects movement and do a "click-drag".
- InhexSTER version sometimes gets stuck in a locked movement to the right, which last about 2-3 seconds and it's very annoying. This doesn't happen with electrobrains' version.
- I've problems running electrobrains version with xpadder (for Planetside 2), the cursor goes to the top left corner and get's stuck there.
Thanks, guys. I think it's for sure a hardware problem. Nail in the coffin was plugging it into a PS3 and another PC and getting the same results! Sorry I ever thought it could be your awesome wrapper Smile