DS4 To XInput Wrapper
(02-20-2014, 06:32 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: Here is new version, this is for testing hotplug functionality and custom button mappings. Includes pretty much most changes from HepticSeptic custom version with better hot plug support and few bugs fixed. Better version coming soon, and i will post the actual final 1.2.1 on first post once this one is tested more thoroughly

This is looking good, but I have a question: I have NEVER gotten the two-finger scrolling working in your version or HepticSeptic's version. How exactly do I do it? I tried with both fingers, I messed with the scrolling sensitivity in the options, and I just can't get it to scroll.

Sponsored links

Well, i could make it work with USB just fine, but with Bluetooth it doesnt even connect. I click add devices on Win 7 and it just cant find it. Of course i pressed the share/ PS Combo.

My BT device is a Hama Version 2.1 EDR 2.

Does anybody have a clue?
(02-20-2014, 06:32 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: Here is new version, this is for testing hotplug functionality and custom button mappings. Includes pretty much most changes from HepticSeptic custom version with better hot plug support and few bugs fixed. Better version coming soon, and i will post the actual final 1.2.1 on first post once this one is tested more thoroughly

Hotplug seems to be working well. But 2 bugs I've noticed is it's impossible to close the options window, clicking the X does nothing.

Also it seems even if I unbind the PS button holding it will still open steam big picture. Is it possible to disable it? Or make another button combination to turn the controller off?
(02-20-2014, 12:05 PM)youturnjason Wrote: Hotplug seems to be working well. But 2 bugs I've noticed is it's impossible to close the options window, clicking the X does nothing.

Also it seems even if I unbind the PS button holding it will still open steam big picture. Is it possible to disable it? Or make another button combination to turn the controller off?

I've resolved the close issue in my last release so InhexSTER will resolve it in his soon.

The Custom Mapping does not yet explicitly unbind buttons. In order to remove the PS button's Guide mapping it must map to something else (like Esc for e.g.). Unbound is only set when the same mapping is set somewhere else.
DS4 Xinput Tool: My Final Contribution
electrobrains' DS4Windows

Intel Core i5 4670K, G.Skill 1866MHz 8GB, ASRock Z87 Extreme3, MSI GTX 770 4GB, 128GB SSD, 3TB HDD, Custom Windows 7SP1.
(02-20-2014, 03:04 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: BT hotplug still doesn't work fully. It showed up after reconnect but no 360 controller was plugged in, also can you please test the latest push i made it works very well with unplug/ turn off. Usb hotplug works very well. Bt still shaky. Somehow you got the BT to go not Connected in windows right away. I think i am just missing that part
Before testing uncomment line in WndProc for new controllers
Also usb hotplug also doesn't work as intended, seems like unplug not detected

I just tried your version from the 1.2.1 RC1 commit on your repository. I see you've added a delay in case the disconnect is unintentional. USB works fine and BT disconnects are detected, but it seems in my environment the BT hot plug does not connect. It shows 'Controller 1 ready to use' but does not actually connect the controller. Maybe there's a middle ground between the two implementations that can work consistently.

Edit: Seems its not consistent. Sometimes it connects successfully. When it does not connect, if I turn it off and then restart, it then connects and disconnects (as we've seen previously).

Edit 2: I've merged InhexSTER's version of Hot Plugging into my custom version. I'm sure InhexSTER will soon add the Custom Mapping changes into his next release as well, but in the mean time they are here. Note that now the only difference between our versions are the extra Custom Mapping settings - all other code is now the same.

Edit 3: Changes have been pushed to http://code.google.com/r/nand-ds4tool-he...ource/list

Attached Files
.zip   SCP Server - HecticSeptic Custom.zip (Size: 1,25 MB / Downloads: 434)

Intel Core i5 4670K, G.Skill 1866MHz 8GB, ASRock Z87 Extreme3, MSI GTX 770 4GB, 128GB SSD, 3TB HDD, Custom Windows 7SP1.
(02-20-2014, 02:03 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: I've resolved the close issue in my last release so InhexSTER will resolve it in his soon.

The Custom Mapping does not yet explicitly unbind buttons. In order to remove the PS button's Guide mapping it must map to something else (like Esc for e.g.). Unbound is only set when the same mapping is set somewhere else.

Tried the version you just posted, I found rebinding the PS button works but it still doubles as a guide button. If i hold it for more than a second the steam big picture mode will still come up.
Question for those who have used this program. I'm very interested in using my PS4 controller for PC gaming going forward, but I'd love to know if there is an easy way to remap the buttons on your PS4 controller using this program, or another one in conjunction? Plenty of games have dumb default button layouts and dont give you the option to remap them on your gamepad.
(02-20-2014, 04:54 PM)youturnjason Wrote: Tried the version you just posted, I found rebinding the PS button works but it still doubles as a guide button. If i hold it for more than a second the steam big picture mode will still come up.

I'll include an explicit Unbound in the next release, possibly an option to determine whether custom mappings overwrite or keep XInput for custom keystrokes.

(02-20-2014, 05:09 PM)Nuke1096 Wrote: Question for those who have used this program. I'm very interested in using my PS4 controller for PC gaming going forward, but I'd love to know if there is an easy way to remap the buttons on your PS4 controller using this program, or another one in conjunction? Plenty of games have dumb default button layouts and dont give you the option to remap them on your gamepad.

Yes, we have custom mapping, and are adding functionality to it regularly.

@HecticSeptic, Applied latest changes and also took a closer look at your mapping functionality, it does need a bit of work on the performance side, it needs to eliminate string comparison, and maybe simplified logic if possible. Also maybe refactoring into separate helper class. Its gettings a bit convoluted in DS4Device class

I will take care of string comparison, it should make it way faster when mappings enabled. You only need to use strings when reading/writing to xml
Latest version: DS4 1.2.2
Development: DS4 1.3 RC3

Intel Core i7 4770K, 8GB RAM, ASUS Z87-PRO, Nvidia GTX Titan, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 8.1 Pro.
(02-20-2014, 06:57 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: @HecticSeptic, Applied latest changes and also took a closer look at your mapping functionality, it does need a bit of work on the performance side, it needs to eliminate string comparison, and maybe simplified logic if possible. Also maybe refactoring into separate helper class. Its gettings a bit convoluted in DS4Device class

I will take care of string comparison, it should make it way faster when mappings enabled. You only need to use strings when reading/writing to xml

I was thinking about refactoring it into a helper class as well, similar to the Touchpad class. Presently I am also wanting to finish adding and perfecting the functionality as well, before tweaking it to optimal performance. Saving custom mapping settings by control name was purely convenience, and switching via strings is a lot more legible - at least for now. What alternative do you have in mind?

Edit: An enumeration maybe?