DS4 To XInput Wrapper
(02-26-2014, 04:02 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: It will be PS+Options, makes sense i think the most since PS+Share is turn on pair mode

I've got it disconnecting nicely on my Windows 8.1 and Win 7 on different machines, sent a copy to other devs to test.

Disconnect and turn off controller with PS+Opt? That would be super useful and sidesteps the Big Picture problem. If that works how I think it works, you should be able to implement shut off when inactive trigger?

Sponsored links

(02-26-2014, 04:02 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: It will be PS+Options, makes sense i think the most since PS+Share is turn on pair mode

I've got it disconnecting nicely on my Windows 8.1 and Win 7 on different machines, sent a copy to other devs to test.

It does work when I press and hold option+PS or PS+options for 10 seconds and my controller turn power off without bringing up steam big picture mode. Smile
Manufacturer: Alienware
Model: Alienware X51
CPU: Intel core i7 3770
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
HDD: 1TB
RAM: 6GB
Power Supply: Power brick 330 watts
(02-26-2014, 05:40 AM)AlexanderErmis Wrote: Всем привет
Спасибо автору за разработку и поддержку драйвера.Это действительно нужная и полезная вещь,к тому же хорошо работающая.
Отдельное спасибо тестирующим и сообщающим о багах и ошибках.
Отличная работа!Удачи и успехов вам!

google translate. it WORKS:

hello everyone
Thanks to the author for the development and support drayvera.Eto really necessary and useful thing, besides working well.
Special thanks to the testing and report any bugs or errors.
Great job! Fun and good luck to you!
also when I press PS to turn back on and DS4 tool automaticlly reconnected while exclusive mode checked without quiting apps that uses controller.
Manufacturer: Alienware
Model: Alienware X51
CPU: Intel core i7 3770
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
HDD: 1TB
RAM: 6GB
Power Supply: Power brick 330 watts
Right now in a new version i am working on PS+Options will turn of the controller instantly.
Latest version: DS4 1.2.2
Development: DS4 1.3 RC3

Intel Core i7 4770K, 8GB RAM, ASUS Z87-PRO, Nvidia GTX Titan, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 8.1 Pro.
Nice Programm working nicely !

For all you coders out here:

If you want - i can Provide you with Logos / Signs / Designs like for the GUI - and - i can help Translate it to German and Croatian...

so just PM me Wink

Thanks again to all of you !
(02-26-2014, 05:25 AM)TacticalBacon00 Wrote: Been using mine for about 2 hours every day since about two weeks before PS4 launch, and it's holding up great. I have a little creaking around the controller, as though the screws at the factory weren't tight enough, but I fixed that with a 90 degree turn of my screwdriver.

My first controller had both those problems, thumbpad peeling and creaks. I couldn't fix the creaks so I think the plastic shell (case) was extruded or sanded poorly. Brought it back to GameStop to swap it for a later production run model.
(02-25-2014, 10:33 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: New release of DS4Tool!

As you can see from the zip, there are a lot of changes in the project and it require some explanation.

ServiceDestroyer is a commodity application, it's purpose is to delete the test service and his event log if someting goes wrong with the application.

DS4ToolService is the service for test, no action required; do not execute it.

DS4ToolServiceTester is the first application to launch, it register DS4ToolService as an actual service (you can see it in the system service after that) and an event log. When you close, it should unregister the service, but if something goes wrong, use ServiceDestroyer.
With DS4ToolServiceTester you can simulate some events (actually only the connection/disconnection of the first controller).

DS4Tool is the client application, it require that DS4ToolService is installed and active.

tl;dr; Launch DS4ToolServiceTester and then DS4Tool.

Disclaimer: probably the event log in DS4ToolServiceTester will write some strange error message instead actual message. I'm investigating it, on my dev machine it work flawlessy, but on the notebook where i tested the release it give that strange error.

It's not really seeming to work properly on Win8.1 for me, want to debug it together later? I had to do Run As Administrator or it would silently fail, but it seems to not be registering the service. What should the service be called?
(02-25-2014, 10:40 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @InhexSTER: attached a build of DS4 tool which can share the ScpVBus with the Scp Drivers, I'll be releasing Scp Drivers which leverage this functionality shortly.

@electrobrains: Tested the XInput Plugin/Unplug behaviour on Win 8.1, it appears to have the same behaviour as XP/Vista/7.

Appears to work perfectly with a DS3 and DS4 in the sense that I can disconnect and reconnect each at will. Turning on the X360 (wireless), it grabs position 3 now. Every single device thinks it is device 1 and is reporting it is device 1 out of 4, but when you hit the Guide/PS/Xbox buttons, they correctly report which they are and they do not shuffle around.

DS4 on 1, DS3 on 2 still claiming it is 1 according to the LED, and X360 still on 3 claiming it is 1 via LED. Disconnect DS4 from 1, no reshuffle occurs. Disconnect batteries on X360 and reconnect, now it's on 1/4 (which DS4 was on.) Power on DS4 and it immediately grabs 3/4 again. Power off DS3 and it appears to not be relinquishing the Xinput device automatically -- is that something related to me having an older version of the DS3 Service running?

"So far so good!" What problem were you seeing? I was able to have DS3 Service and DS4 Tool working simultaneously on different BT adapters before but I admit to not testing it extensively. I've mostly just been playing single player games.

Edit: Strange behavior. Controllers in this state: X360 1/4, phantom (semi-disconnected) DS3 2/4, DS4 on 3/4. Hitting PS button on DS4 makes the XBox guide show up with either 2/4 or 3/4 selected. Pressing it again may make it go away, or make the other show up. So something weird going on in the shuffle there.

OH, wait, started two DS4 tools, hold on.... Okay, that weird behavior was a red herring. I am, however, still seeing the DS3 not relinquish its virtual ScpVbus instance and return it to the Xinput pool. Definitely the X360 controller and DS4 are lying about being on 1/4. They never were, even for a moment, initially when I was trying that. I think we are supposed to figure out which of the 4 Xinput slots we're going to get, and assign it ourselves, or we'll get the LED controller number reporting wrong.

Edit2or3: Okay, tried again. This time I reproduced the weird interaction, both DS3 and DS4 got slot 1/4. Restarting DS3Service caused the DS4 to disconnect, so it sent a force disconnect to the 'wrong' device. I want to help work on this some more later, but maybe you have some theories.
Hello!

I made an account here to show my appreciation to this project. I find it works very well, and my only pet peeve is that I need to shut down some applications in order to gain exclusive access to my controller, but that is understandable.

There is a feature that I want to request. I really like the LED light to change color based on how much battery I have left (That's already in), but the light is WAY too strong! I'd like there to be a slider that controls the LED's light strength, if that is possible! For now, I have a static purple light at R:1 G:0 B:2, because if I slide them up, the light just explodes all over my room and creates screen glare. Sad

I'd be very happy to see if there is a strength slider for the battery indicator option Smile

Thank you!