DS4 To XInput Wrapper
(03-19-2014, 03:58 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: It should not to, because this way windows protects user from malicious software making any changes without user agreement. I will not be adding anything to bypass that.

Ah okay, fair enough Smile Thanks again, I've managed to get this functioning with Runescape using custom mapping as well so I'm very happy.

Sponsored links

When ever I run ScpServer.exe my laptop crashes, any clues or is my laptop just too old o.o

I have an Acer Aspire 6935g

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26ghz
RAM: 4GB
Graphics Processor: NVidia 9600M GT with 512MB VRAM

Running Microsoft 7 Ultimate Edition (I think?) o.O
@InhexSTER Sometimes when I turn my DS4, the X360 controller in the controller window does not appear, I have to uninstall the drivers and install again with DS4Tool to fix. Happens with version 1.2.2 and now 1.3 RC4. You can help?

[Image: 2dloqw5.png]
(03-20-2014, 12:12 AM)andgtr08 Wrote: @InhexSTER Sometimes when I turn my DS4, the X360 controller in the controller window does not appear, I have to uninstall the drivers and install again with DS4Tool to fix. Happens with version 1.2.2 and now 1.3 RC4. You can help?

Generally when the application is exited in a non-standard way it isn't given a chance to close the connection properly. When this happens the ScpVBus must be restarted because the exclusive handle on it is still open elsewhere. You don't need to reinstall the driver, just restart it in device manager. It is under System Devices (Scp Virtual Bus Driver). Or you can restart your PC which cleans all that up anyway.

On a separate note, I have again revamped the Options window. It felt too cluttered before so now it is in separate tabs. Let me know what you think?

[Image: t0gozn.png]

This isn't a full release, the only changes between this and the standard RC4 is the Options window and an additional standards related tweak which shouldn't have any real impact. As such consider this a disclaimer that it is intended for testing the new layout. Have fun Smile

Attached Files
.zip   DS4 Tool Latest RC4.zip (Size: 1,16 MB / Downloads: 5.964)
DS4 Xinput Tool: My Final Contribution
electrobrains' DS4Windows

Intel Core i5 4670K, G.Skill 1866MHz 8GB, ASRock Z87 Extreme3, MSI GTX 770 4GB, 128GB SSD, 3TB HDD, Custom Windows 7SP1.
(03-20-2014, 12:55 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: Generally when the application is exited in a non-standard way it isn't given a chance to close the connection properly. When this happens the ScpVBus must be restarted because the exclusive handle on it is still open elsewhere. You don't need to reinstall the driver, just restart it in device manager. It is under System Devices (Scp Virtual Bus Driver). Or you can restart your PC which cleans all that up anyway.

On a separate note, I have again revamped the Options window. It felt too cluttered before so now it is in separate tabs. Let me know what you think?

[Image: t0gozn.png]

This isn't a full release, the only changes between this and the standard RC4 is the Options window and an additional standards related tweak which shouldn't have any real impact. As such consider this a disclaimer that it is intended for testing the new layout. Have fun Smile

Hi, thanks for the help, in general I just turn off my computer with DS4Tool running, and Windows close to me, this is a bad way? By the way, I can see Scp Virtual Bus Driver in my Device Manager, so when that happens I just need to restart it? (Disable it and enable it again?). Well, I'll check your version of DS4Tool and I will follow your tips. thank you
(03-19-2014, 04:01 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: You should avoid plugging contoller over usb and BT simultaneously version 1.3 prevents same control to be seen by tool in usb and bt mode.

Any way to prevent this in 1.2.2? Do I jsut unplug the BT dongle if I'm using USB?

Sorry, I have no idea how any of this works.
(03-20-2014, 01:27 AM)Elegy Wrote: Any way to prevent this in 1.2.2? Do I jsut unplug the BT dongle if I'm using USB?

Sorry, I have no idea how any of this works.

I just turn off the controller (PS + Options) while the application is running, then plug it in via USB (without needing to restart the application). Or I wait for the battery to die, then plug it in. I've never needed to unplug my BT adapter/dongle.

Intel Core i5 4670K, G.Skill 1866MHz 8GB, ASRock Z87 Extreme3, MSI GTX 770 4GB, 128GB SSD, 3TB HDD, Custom Windows 7SP1.
guys - this app works great but whatever I try, it still sometimes overrides the controller and makes it either move or be non responsive from time to time. It's seldom but it's as if the app stops and then starts or the controller drifts/non responsive. what could be causing this?
(03-20-2014, 12:12 AM)andgtr08 Wrote: @InhexSTER Sometimes when I turn my DS4, the X360 controller in the controller window does not appear, I have to uninstall the drivers and install again with DS4Tool to fix. Happens with version 1.2.2 and now 1.3 RC4. You can help?

[Image: 2dloqw5.png]

Get this too but only on 1.3, any RC.

Has NO ONE else also got the disappearing DS4 Tool bug yet? I feel like the only one who got it on 1.3. I'll be playing a game and when I'm done I go to stop the server and it's missing from the tray/windows, but is visible in the task manager.
(03-20-2014, 04:13 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: Get this too but only on 1.3, any RC.

Has NO ONE else also got the disappearing DS4 Tool bug yet? I feel like the only one who got it on 1.3. I'll be playing a game and when I'm done I go to stop the server and it's missing from the tray/windows, but is visible in the task manager.

Disappearing tool, no. I've seen controllers go missing in control panel's Controller window, but only when I exited the application in some weird way. If we're going to fix it we'll need some specifics we can use to reproduce it. Since if we can't reproduce it we're just shooting in the dark.

In other news, here's progress on the new Custom Mapping:

[Image: 2gx1j14.png]

Planning on removing all the dropdowns for a more minimalistic on-controller sort of view. We already have the buttons on the controller 'clickable' and 'right-clickable', but need to still sort out how this minimalist icon/box/zone on a button is going to look. Also, the image still needs a sharper edge and more detail in the analogue sticks.