Dark Cloud 2 Playability
Right guys, another quick question and such for you all regarding the motherboard and the cooler.
As many of you know I will be getting this motherboard. It's very decent for the price, and should serve all the things I need it too with it's 1155 socket and Z77 chipset.

Recently, Donovan24 (can I mention specific users?) suggested a Hyper 212 Evo for a budget fan. This seems like a good fan for it's price and has a life of well over 3 years, the mobo probably being about 5. However, I've read recently that the Hyper 212 Evo has some strange dimensions and was wondering if it would fit in the case. It WILL fit, but with a few inches to the top and such.

I was wondering what your experiences were when putting your cooler fans on the your motherboards, and how they hold up/fit in the system. This Casecom case that I has is pretty large so it should fit fairly well I'm guessing. I don't wanna get a fan and it's either too large or whatever.

I'm also planning on getting the motherboard first before I get the cooler to counteract this problem. The mobo being £100 and the cooler being a cool £30. Hope to hear something from you all. Speak to you soon. Smile You can check out some reviews on the fan here.
INTEL i5 3570k @ 3.40Ghz | RADEON HD 7870 | 8GB RAM | 1TB Seagate HDD
GZ-Z77X-D3H 1155 | Corsair 40OW | Hyper 212 Evo AMD | Casecom k5 7688 | 8X 30CM 1X 120CM

Sponsored links

As long as the cooler will fit the case and not being touching the side of it then you should have no issues installing it. In fact it should be a fairly easy process.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(01-22-2014, 08:00 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: As long as the cooler will fit the case and not being touching the side of it then you should have no issues installing it. In fact it should be a fairly easy process.

Okay cool. I'm guessing you looked at both pages and such to make sure that they fit alright, but I'm guessing that most CPU fans and Cases are built with specific measurements in line to make sure that they're both compatible with most Cases and CPU fans.

For what the cooler is, it's dirt cheap £30. But I've held off on getting it for a couple of days because I thought it would of been a waste because I think it wouldn't fit in the case because of the reviews. I think I'll probably get the fan tomorrow to make sure that I have the sink as the processor might get a little hot with the gaming that I'll want too do. After this, I'll probably start on getting the motherboard mainly. I've yet to look at Ram.

Also, I'm going to do some compatibility tests for some intensive games such as the newer Dragon Age Origins and other games such as Battlefield 4 just to make sure I can push the system to that extra mile. I'm taking this slow and making sure that a lot of research is done to make sure that the system is the best it can be for what I want it too do. Which will be mainly gaming.

Another thing I wanted to add is about bottlenecking. I know that some systems can be overly heavy on the processing power so I'll have to take specs on my current power supply to make sure it's alright. My current processor would bottleneck quite badly when playing high intensive games such as Dark Cloud 2 and the like. I was wondering that this won't be the case with this newer system - specs can be found above - because I wouldn't want to get all the parts and then find out that it's bottlenecking.

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this post, It's been hard to find a system to reply on. I was going to reply on my phone which would of taken a while, but luckily I had people who would let me use they're system. Thanks again guys. I'm just taking precautions and being safe, I hope I'm not asking too much and you're seeing me as dumb. Lol. Laugh

tl;dr
You're sure about the case and the fan? (Just being safe)
Is there a chance of bottlenecking on this system?
GZ-Z77X-D3H 1155 | Corsair 40OW | Hyper 212 Evo AMD | Casecom k5 7688 | 8X 30CM 1X 120CM
There really aren't any bottlenecks that I can see. That 3570k is an incredible cpu that will take any ps2 you throw at it. Pair that will a 7870 and it will run pc and ps2 games extremely well. Ratchet will be no problem and that's in the top 5 most cpu demanding games. Since you never said the exact case you're using I won't know for sure, but most midtowers and fulltowers will fit that cooler just fine.
(01-24-2014, 01:31 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: There really aren't any bottlenecks that I can see. That 3570k is an incredible cpu that will take any ps2 you throw at it. Pair that will a 7870 and it will run pc and ps2 games extremely well. Ratchet will be no problem and that's in the top 5 most cpu demanding games. Since you never said the exact case you're using I won't know for sure, but most midtowers and fulltowers will fit that cooler just fine.

Okay, good to hear about the bottleneck. The pieces seem to fit together quite nicely it seems so I don't need to worry about that. Awesome. Here are the links to both the cooler and the case. It has dimensions and such. The case can be found here - which I have already purchased and the cooler can be found here.
It should fit that. I know how big that hyper 212 is because a friend of mine has one in his system.
(01-24-2014, 01:42 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: It should fit that. I know how big that hyper 212 is because a friend of mine has one in his system.

Okay, I'll probably go ahead and order this tomorrow then as it seems good for it's price. Does your friend say it's a good cooler and such. Would be good to get a little bit more input from just the reviews and such that I've read so far. Also a little update on the testing that I did with the new specs on my system using Spec testing.

Skyrim, Darksiders 2, Battlefield 4 and Crysis 3 all got 10/10 on CPU and Graphics. Ram got 9/10. I'll be getting 8gigs so it seems like this system will be a very good system indeed!! With the testing done, I can safely say that it'll be a sweet system with no bottle necking and solid parts to come. Motherboard, you're next! Thanks again. I gave you a rep. Happy
The Hyper 212 keeps my friend cpu nice and cold. It's a great cooler and will suit that i5 perfectly. Gaming will be a completely new experience and so will emulation.

Thanks for the rep.
It really makes me wonder if that beast 212(Which I am REALLY buying next month, this time for real!) will fit in my micro atx case :/
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I don't know. It's pretty big.