Dark Cloud 2 Playability
Your new machine should be fine dude. I don't know why he would get that much slowdown.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(06-26-2014, 06:49 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Your new machine should be fine dude. I don't know why he would get that much slowdown.

Thanks Bliss. I really do hope so. Motherboard is taking a while, I suppose that's what it takes when it going halfway round the world. Tongue TopKen, You should make a separate post about it. Due to the specs and Blyss' post, it shouldn't be slowing down that much. It could possibly be slowdown with CPU with other programs running, possibly dusty fans, or maybe some settings in the Emulator need to be changed to better suit it.

Shouldn't be too long till I get these new bits anyways. Smile
INTEL i5 3570k @ 3.40Ghz | RADEON HD 7870 | 8GB RAM | 1TB Seagate HDD
GZ-Z77X-D3H 1155 | Corsair 40OW | Hyper 212 Evo AMD | Casecom k5 7688 | 8X 30CM 1X 120CM
(06-26-2014, 06:57 AM)MrKalius Wrote: Thanks Bliss. I really do hope so. Motherboard is taking a while, I suppose that's what it takes when it going halfway round the world. Tongue TopKen, You should make a separate post about it. Due to the specs and Blyss' post, it shouldn't be slowing down that much. It could possibly be slowdown with CPU with other programs running, possibly dusty fans, or maybe some settings in the Emulator need to be changed to better suit it.

Shouldn't be too long till I get these new bits anyways. Smile

when it's all built you should upload a pic.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I think my issue is that OBS is eating up 20% when I am streaming to twitch but I should not get that massive of a slow down tho. Its the only thing eating up CPU while the game is running. and I figured I may warn you. I have Extra rendering threads set to 3 and the MTVU speedhack active. I may try to run it without MTVU and see what happens.
Hey guys. Quick update for you all...

I got the Corsair vengeance RAM (2x4GB) 8GB 1600Mhz and I also got the Hyper 212 Evo cooler (Looks very "cool" Laugh) It says on the packaging that it can be used for Intel Core processors and i7 processors, so I'm guessing that also means i5's as well? And the RAM works on 1155 Motherboards, so that should be okay. I've been stressing most of today, all these computer bits/parts are really racking my brain. I'd be lost without you all!!

Right, all that is left to get now is the Processor (i5 3570k) and the Motherboard which has already been discussed. Currently I'm wondering about a power supply. I think it was Nobbs that gave me a power supply to look at, but I cannot find that link. Glare I think it's lost within the pages somewhere. If you remember previously in the thread, I said this...

Also, my brother told me that that Radeon 7870 needs a x2 6 pins from the power supply and I currently only have one 6 pin connector.

He said that rather then getting a new power supply I could "possibly get a adapter that would use 2 hdd power plugs and convert them" if that's possible? Would that work better? He also told me how beneficial, helpful and useful it was, so I'll probably get one of them very soon.

Do you guys have any recommendation for a Power Supply (or that previous link) that I can look at possibly? That would work with the Motherboard and the HD 7870? Thank you all again. When I get the reference link, I will double check with my brother (Who is a certified Microsoft dude) and have another look for that link for the power supply. As previously stated by Blyss, the power supply needs to be 80 plus certified one.

UPDATE: I THINK it was a Corsair 750X? Here is a quick image for a graphic I did to show you all my specs. Just so you have an idea. It is aso colour coded for the bits that I already have. The case is just a little thing I added, not my actual case.

[Image: 25tx7pt.png]
GZ-Z77X-D3H 1155 | Corsair 40OW | Hyper 212 Evo AMD | Casecom k5 7688 | 8X 30CM 1X 120CM
Here is the power supply I reccommend

http://www.ebuyer.com/429987-corsair-cx-...9020061-uk
(07-11-2014, 09:01 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Here is the power supply I reccommend

http://www.ebuyer.com/429987-corsair-cx-...9020061-uk

Okay. Thanks man. Just going to check with my computer whizz of a brother to make sure it'll work correctly. Will get back to you all when I can dude.
Sounds good

My friend Skylor just got psu two days ago to go along with the gtx770 he got last night
(07-11-2014, 09:23 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Sounds good

My friend Skylor just got psu two days ago to go along with the gtx770 he got last night

Hey man. Thanks for the recommendation/link for the power supply. It is indeed a very good and useful power supply that will do the job wonderfully. After asking my brother he said that that power supply is fine and would work perfectly, but I could always find a power supply that could do the same job for cheaper; however. Here are some of the links that he came up with. Check them out here and here.

However, Both of these power supplies are a lot cheaper then the previous one you had sent me, they are both 500W, do you believe that this would be enough power for the system? I thought I would check with you guys just to make sure. Smile I noticed that the Corsair CX 500W is 80+ Certified so I will more then likely go with that one, saving myself £20 which can go towards the Processor or the Monitor.

Another note: Would the extra 250W from the previous power supply be a large amount of power that would have otherwise have been very useful for emulation, or does 500W cut it just enough? Just a little food for thought in terms of saving some money and such. Thanks. Smile

FYI: Sorry I couldn't reply more quickly yesterday, I had to leave after posting this as I was going to a birthday do with a couple of friends. Only just got the text off my brother at 3AM Tongue
Once your power supply has more wattage than your system consumes(and 500 does/will), adding extra watts does nothing to boost performance. Both of the supplies you linked will do the job fine, however I would recommend the Corsair over the CM.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD