Dragon Quest VIII freezes
(06-06-2013, 12:55 PM)Bositman Wrote: I'm used to you being like that Tongue
Well, yea, I've been here for 5 years now, I would hope you did know me by now lol

Sponsored links

Sorry guys the problem isn't solved. The crashes are a lot more infrequent (around 3 to 4 hours per crash/freeze and sometimes none at all) but they still occur. However I'm not really bothered by it now. When the game freezes I usually have time to make a save state before it crashes. So it's really been downgraded to a small annoyance really.
What version are you using? Have you tried version 1.0.0?
The latest dev build available as per the recommendation from this thread.
have you tried older builds? like 0.9.7 for example?
(06-08-2013, 09:37 PM)Malachi Wrote: The latest dev build available as per the recommendation from this thread.

I recommend you to try version 1.0.0. You can use the latest plugins from the latest SVN version.
(06-08-2013, 10:19 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: I recommend you to try version 1.0.0. You can use the latest plugins from the latest SVN version.

that's what was started at
If I create a savestate before crashing, it will keep crashing under DX11, only in DX9 the savestate runs fine. Maybe we need some pcsx2 developer have a look into this.
Savestates are not considered stable and are unlikely to be fully supported by the developers.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
This makes me want to fire up DQ8 again and play to see about these crashes. but then PCSX2 crash in every game I used at random since 1.0.0 I usual see .DLL that seem part of the SPU2 of sorts in event viewer. It even rarer that the Eventview points to other .DLL.

I can go 10+ hour if not days and weeks actual game time threw PCSX2 with out issue then it can do it 2 times with an hour then be perfectly fine again for long stretchs. Only thing in common i ever found with the crashes where "this program has stoped responding" and when I look at eventviewer it points to some .dll associated with SPU2 90% time.