FFX running slow on my Intel Core 2 Duo
I guess he's running all those speed hacks, skippings and stuff. But for the REAL 50fps without the hacks you should increase the CPU freq. And you would want to be running without hacks because hacks *uck up the sound / video.
i7 @ 3.2Ghz /w Noctua
6GB Dominator 1600Mhz
5770 Vapor-X
1.5 TB Raid 5 /w 3ware 9650SE

Sponsored links

Sound and Video is fine for me.
In config. cpu chech every option and also check frame limiting to normal,then in speed hacks use only x 1.5 cycle rate for e engin,enable Iop x2,idle loop fast,status flag hack,and move VU cycle stealing two times from left . leave everything else disabled.thats about it. Smile
(04-24-2010, 04:57 PM)mantasuk Wrote: I guess he's running all those speed hacks, skippings and stuff. But for the REAL 50fps without the hacks you should increase the CPU freq. And you would want to be running without hacks because hacks *uck up the sound / video.

it's easy for you to run all game,with that power. Wink
The CPU is fast enough for FFX, however your graphics card is lacking very much, that would be the first thing id upgrade to be honest, it is a very old card.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-24-2010, 06:03 PM)Game Wrote: In config. cpu chech every option and also check frame limiting to normal,then in speed hacks use only x 1.5 cycle rate for e engin,enable Iop x2,idle loop fast,status flag hack,and move VU cycle stealing two times from left . leave everything else disabled.thats about it. Smile
(04-24-2010, 04:57 PM)mantasuk Wrote: I guess he's running all those speed hacks, skippings and stuff. But for the REAL 50fps without the hacks you should increase the CPU freq. And you would want to be running without hacks because hacks *uck up the sound / video.

it's easy for you to run all game,with that power. Wink

Ok, I've done your settings and it's much better. Rarely reaches 30fps, but sometimes goes to 150%.

(04-24-2010, 06:39 PM)refraction Wrote: The CPU is fast enough for FFX, however your graphics card is lacking very much, that would be the first thing id upgrade to be honest, it is a very old card.

And how would I upgrade my graphics card?
No,he said that for my grafic card.I know how weak it is(five years old).I rearly play anything on PC.If I were a hardcore gamer I would buy a new card,but what is the point if I only play Counter strike and Call of duty 2.?! songs,programs and so on is what I "experiment" with Laugh .Respect to you guys for making this great program. Smile
(04-24-2010, 07:24 PM)TombOfRaiders Wrote: And how would I upgrade my graphics card?

In 5 simple steps my friend!

Buy a new one
Turn your PC off
Take the old graphics card out
Insert the new one
Turn your PC back on

I've updated my Driver (Radeon X1600) and the game runs a lot better.

Now, I'll list my settings here for PCSX2, so if any of them need disabling or some need enabling you can point them out:

Graphics

800x600 75Hz
Direct 3D9 (Hardware)
Blend tff (slight blur, 1/2 fps)
4:3
Native
Texture Filtering
Logarithmic Z
Alpha Correction (FBA)
Windowed

CPU

GenuineIntel
Intel[R]Core[TM] Duo 2 CPU 6400 @
2128MHZ
MMX,SSE,SSE2,SSE3,SSSE3

EERec - EE/IOP Compiler
VC0rec
VC1rec
microVC0
microVC1
MTGS
Normal - All frames are rendered as fast as possible
Custom FPS Limit - 65

Speed Hacks

Use x1.5 Cycle Rate
Idle Loop Fast-Forward (Experimental)
VU Cycle Stealing - 1 from the left.
ESC Hack

Advanced

EE Recs
Chop/Zero
Clamp Mode - None
Flush to Zero

VU Recs
Same as EE Recs

PCSX2 Beta.r1888 - March 2010 Plugins

Graphics Card = ATI Radeon X1600 8.593.100.0

Another thing, when the screen fades to black (to load another area) the fps go sky high (400-500fps) and when I access the menu or the level up screen comes up, the fps double, how can I make it all the same all around?
(04-24-2010, 10:28 PM)TombOfRaiders Wrote: Another thing, when the screen fades to black (to load another area) the fps go sky high (400-500fps) and when I access the menu or the level up screen comes up, the fps double, how can I make it all the same all around?

enable the frame limiter from the options.

(04-24-2010, 08:04 PM)refraction Wrote:
(04-24-2010, 07:24 PM)TombOfRaiders Wrote: And how would I upgrade my graphics card?

In 5 simple steps my friend!

Buy a new one
Turn your PC off
Take the old graphics card out
Insert the new one
Turn your PC back on
6 steps.

Install new drivers.

Anyway unless the FPS rare is causing sync/crash/freeze problems there is no reason to limit them.