FFXED: Final Fantasy X Save Editor
My java version is definetely up-to-date, I have it set to download and install the latest versions automatically, and I checked just to make sure and it said there are no more updates currently available. I just re-downloaded it for the 4th? time and it does the same thing. Unless for whatever reason an update has been posted in the 37 different pages of this post, I see nothing wrong with the file I'm downloading. And I'll try and update my gpu drivers now... even though I'm pretty sure they're up-to-date as well.

Sponsored links

Yeah.. still no...
hrm...ok...what os are you using? maybe there is anywhere (lol i don´t know how it could be possible with java) a kind of problem with an os o.O
and how much is your cpu used when trying to open the ffxed.jar file?
Well, I'm using windows 7 home premium, and my cpu usage is... 3-8%...
(09-17-2011, 05:28 AM)demonslayerjake Wrote: Well, I'm using windows 7 home premium, and my cpu usage is... 3-8%...

okay...o_O
latest java version, latest gpu drivers, no old machine, no heavy cpu load, no crippled win7 version, no corrupt jar...
seriously, i have no idea what the probem could be o_O

hm...i suggest you write fuzzymillipede a pm if he won´t write in the next hours something about the topic...^^

(in the worst case, send me your savefile, that what you want to get edited and i edit it for you)
demonslayerjake just for a test download those tools and see if you have the same problems
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2CE-P...ile-Editor
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Release-F...v1-03-beta

If you do,then there is something wrong with your java installation(my java is almost 1 year old and I don't have any problems...so it's not because if you have the newest version or not)
Try running it from an elevated command prompt with command line - "java -jar FFXED.jar"

This should at least show if there are any exceptions during loading. You can change it to - "java -verbose -jar FFXED.jar" to see fuller runtime messages.

Use "java -version" to show the runtime environment in use. Maybe an old version setting is in conflict with newer version settings.
vsub- I downloaded both files. The ffx2 doesn't even open, and the PSEXE or w.e opens and I can input and convert code, but when I attempt to use the open cheats or w.e, it gives the same type of error as FFXED did. I went to the java website and downloaded the installer and got some errors when I tried to reinstall/update it.

scarlet.crush-
java -jar FFXED.jar
Unable to accessjarfile FFXED.jar

java -verbose -jar FFXED.jar
Unable to access jarfile FFXED.jar

java -version
java version "1.6.0_15
Java™ SE Runtime Environment <build 1.6.0_15-b03>
Java Hotspot<TM> 64-bit Server VM <build 14.1-b02, mixed mode>

I'm going to try and completely uninstall my java then install the one directly from the website. Wish meh luck.
You would need to cd to the location of FFXED.jar before running the command. For me would be -

F:
cd Games\PCSX2\Tools
java -jar FFXED.jar

or provide the full path to the jar file

java -jar F:\Games\PCSX2\Tools\FFXED.jar
AAHH! IT WORKS!! Thanks a lot vsub, I thought there was nothing wrong with my java but uninstalling them all and reinstalling it worked! Eureka!