FFXED: Final Fantasy X Save Editor
(03-14-2012, 05:18 PM)J-Cked Wrote: Hello there!

Just a few things id like to get an answer to, as ive wondered about these...
1st) How can i use the enemy attacks from the "Use" menu like you do? I can only get them to work from the Item section and most of them dont work correctly when used from there so if someone could explain how to do it correctly Tongue

And 2nd) Why is not Seymour Flux's "Banish" included in the attacks? I would quess that it doesn't work properly but just wanted to know...

Most abilities show up in the Item and Quick Pockets menus but some of them show up in Use. Others such as Banish show up in the Mix menu and cannot be used. A few just crash the game. So if an ability is not in FFXED, it is either pointless to include it, it appears in Mix, or it crashes the game.

Most of the abilities also have issues with the camera positioning. Frequently, the camera problem will go away if an aeon uses the ability. Otherwise there is no way to fix the problem. Some abilities from FFXED also crash the game if used by certain characters or aeons, so if it crashes, try it with a different character.

Sponsored links

Hey I'm a first time poster and also not too familiar with all these programs. I've gotten everything to work except for step 3 of your instructions. I've made the PSU file and edited it with FFXED, however I'm stumped as to what to do next. I'm also unsure how to use the save files you posted.
Use mymc to stick the edited PSU save back into your virtual memory card. If there is already a save file in the slot that the edited save goes into, you need to delete it. In most cases this means that you have to delete the old save file before you can import the edited one.
I can't export my saving from mymac .. when i click export then try to save the file nothing happens

any advice or help will be appreciated
thx

[Image: captureqf.png]

[Image: capture1zr.png]
Windows can't save files with not allowed characters(like ???)
Just remove that part or use different name
yup worked Tongue2

thx
Had the worst time on my win 7 64 ultimate getting java to do my bidding.

Googled for an hour straight and could not get my jar files to launch.

Must have got my wires crossed somewhere, however I found a quick fix.

I downloaded a Jar to exe program (it was free, but does have trial options) from http://www.regexlab.com/en/jar2exe/free.htm . I just checked the option to convert to an exe file and it worked immediately, quite pleased.

Figured I'd drop this info off in case anyone has a similar problem. But after looking through the thread, I'd venture to say I was the only idiot who couldn't get it to work Smile

The FFXED is amazing , and my thanks to the author!
How exactly did you try to run the Jar file after you downloaded it for the first time,did you tried Open with or just double click on the file(open with way is the wrong way and it makes any java program to not work anymore)

Try running the Jarfix from the first page and try running FFXED again(by double click on it)
And you do have at least Java v1.6 right?
Yep, including uninstalling and reinstalling jre and the jdk. just couldn't get it to work. I tried the jarfix and it said it did repair, but when I double clicked (after removing associations with java then running jarfix) still got a main class could not be found. I even dropped it in the java/bin dir and tried running cmd line.. still no joy. My system is possessed.

On a side note, if there is ever any further development I'd like to know if adding al bhed primers is feasible? or did I just miss the option?
The Al Bhed Primer is there...in Items,just enable all of them by clicking on the check boxes.

BTW try Start=>Run=>regedit=>
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell\open\command
In the right side on (Default) does it say
"location to javaw\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*