Fixing unplayable games
microVU runs VU0 for thousands of cycles when it starts under the assumption that VU0 micros will end by their own. If the game enters the busy loop relatively quickly, PCSX2 is wasting lots of time running the loop, even more so if the loop is expected to end quickly. Your patch, along with the PR, will stop VU0 before it loops. I suspect that's why 24: The Game ran so slowly, and why your patch fixes that.

Sponsored links

(05-06-2018, 10:35 AM)prafull Wrote: Here is the latest patch for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban [SLES 52440]

I have tested this for something like 4 hours. It seems pretty reliable so far. I played first 15 minutes of the game and it worked fine.

Other versions of the game can easily be patched based on this (send me elf file and I can do it too).

Notes:-

1. Need to use the attached PCSX2 exe with your existing PCSX2 folder.
2. Need to paste the attached patch file in cheats folder.
3. Need to enable EE timing hack.
4. It works most reliably with speedhacks turned off. Some speedhacks may not work (I know vu cycle stealing and EE timing -3 definitely don't work).
5. Need to use same gsdx settings as HP Chamber of Secrets i.e. Large Frame Buffer, Frame Buffer Conversion and Basic Mip mapping.

I did everything except for step number 5, because I don't know how to do it. Know I get to the main menu, but after some time or when I try to start a new game, it crashes. Also, in the beginning, it shows an error-message:

..\..\x86\newVif_Dynarec.cpp(196) : assertion failed:
    Function:  VifUnpackSSE_Dynarec::ModUnpack
    Thread:    EE Core
    Condition: false

Stacktrace:
[00] 0x00B7B090                                 
[01] 0x009A5131                                 
[02] 0x009A3C95                                 
[03] 0x00B64FF9                                 
[04] AmdPowerXpressRequestHighPerformance       
[05] 0x00C60310                                 
[06] 0x00A6DB61                                 
[07] 0x00E54015                                 
[08] 0x00E53EC0                                 
[09] 0x00E53E13                                 
[10] 0x00CB33A2                                 
[11] o_iswdigit                                 
[12] BaseThreadInitThunk                       
[13] RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath         
[14] RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath

Please help._.
It's about the post from page 28
(09-13-2017, 10:42 PM)prafull Wrote: The thread totally went off topic and turned into a harry potter thread. I have now removed all off topic posts.

Here are the updated patches for all versions of Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets.

PAL and NTSC version has same crc so use C5473413.pnach file for them

I have also updated these patch files by arapapa

For Harry Potter to Himitsu no Heya (J) (SLPS-20234) use E1963055.pnach
For Harry Potter to Himitsu no Heya (Coca Cola Original version) (J)(SLPM-68005) use E90BE9F8.pnach

And special thanks to Kian Stevens for finally making this game Playable and enjoyable.
hello i have a question for you if you dont mind...i have on my computer nvidia gtx 940 is that a real problem that i cant play the game?
Thanks to kozarovv's suggestion we have better patches for both versions of F1 2001 now. 

F1 2001 (PAL-M4) [SLES-50423]
F1 2001 (NTSC-U) [SLUS-20264]

First video is garbled but it doesn't hang the emulator.

Attached Files
.zip   f12001.zip (Size: 561 bytes / Downloads: 174)
Hi are there any fixes for the game "Gun"? I checked the compatibility list and it says that it's playable, but I can't get past the 1st loading screen.
This is the same game engine as THPS4+, so you probably need to turn off mtvu speedhack, and possibly set different rounding mode for VU (negative, or nearest iirc.)
(01-25-2020, 01:56 PM)kozarovv Wrote: This is the same game engine as THPS4+, so you probably need to turn off mtvu speedhack, and possibly set different rounding mode for VU (negative, or nearest iirc.)

Thanks a lot, Nearest was the correct VU option.
hello i know this is random but you guys think we will ever have marvel nemesis rise of the imperfects run ?i have been waiting for years i tasted it recently it still stucks at the loading screen
I completed Shadow Man 2 using the PCSX2 build and ISO patch listed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFxDZUq45eE

I was able to play in HW mode at 6x res with no glitches, but I did get quite a few softlocks in certain areas. Funnily enough, save state spamming and then loading got me around that, suggesting the lockups are entirely random.
Uploading few patches. Two games which were still unplayable are now fixed. Savage skies has been patched by PSI and I managed to patch Speed kings. 

Patches for PAL and NTSC versions of both are attached here. Note: Savage skies PAL version may still be unstable.

Attached Files
.7z   PATCHES FOR SAVAGE SKIES AND SPEED KINGS.7z (Size: 752 bytes / Downloads: 187)